Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Water Methanol Questions.......

891 Views 11 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  zackattack04
Im thinking about ordering a Water Meth kit but i have a few questions about jet sizes.......Whats the best way to get it tuned perfect??? How do you know if your running to big of a jet or to small???

Im thinking of running 2 jets one smaller and 1 large one just looking for some input.......
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
start injecting it in real low and keep turning it up and trying tell its start to cut out alittle then barely back it down and leave it set like that.

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats a good size jet to start out with..... condering what mods i have done????? any idea?? would it be better to run one large single or two smaller??? thanks

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
I ran 2 625ml nozzles on my old truck with the snow stage 3 kit and i had to have it set down way low or it injected way to much in and cut my motor out, i wanna say like 30% of 100% is what i had it set on, i will be putting the kit on my 12v puller so will be just running straight water so i imagine i can inject alot more.

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mm-kk i will give it hell.. ill start off smaller like you were sayin... working up.. QUESTION-- reading your posts your sayin it acltually cut the engin out?? so i will definatly know when im to big and to bring it down a little bit.... thanks

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
mm-kk i will give it hell.. ill start off smaller like you were sayin... working up.. QUESTION-- reading your posts your sayin it acltually cut the engin out?? so i will definatly know when im to big and to bring it down a little bit.... thanks
ya you will fill a bucking surging cutting out when you are injecting to much.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
ya you will fill a bucking surging cutting out when you are injecting to much.
For sure..... I had the same problem one time. Don't be to alaramed though because it might scare ya for a split second.

I had stock injectors and with a ok programer and mine was bucking and surging pretty bad....Man that scared me when it happened.

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For sure..... I had the same problem one time. Don't be to alaramed though because it might scare ya for a split second.

I had stock injectors and with a ok programer and mine was bucking and surging pretty bad....Man that scared me when it happened.
ok.. cool thanks.... question??? just currious as to what size nozzle or nozzles did you end up running the best on?????? after you went to big?? thanks again

· Registered
1,024 Posts
ok.. cool thanks.... question??? just currious as to what size nozzle or nozzles did you end up running the best on?????? after you went to big?? thanks again
Man it's been so long ago since I have done that I can't remember. But here was my problem. I had it firing everything it could at about 20lbs of boost and thats what was causing the issue.........

Make sure that whatever you decide to spray it's almost at max boost... Like if you're making 45lbs....Try to set it to like 40lbs

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man it's been so long ago since I have done that I can't remember. But here was my problem. I had it firing everything it could at about 20lbs of boost and thats what was causing the issue.........

Make sure that whatever you decide to spray it's almost at max boost... Like if you're making 45lbs....Try to set it to like 40lbs
ok.... cool thanks for the info....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.