·
Registered
742 Posts
Looks nice.:drool2:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nobody has any experience with water / methanol on the 2010's......?

·
Registered
35 Posts
im running the aem water meth kit its simple and gives me a little more power. so far i love it

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im running the aem water meth kit its simple and gives me a little more power. so far i love it
did you install this pre or post deletes? if pre deletes how was it with the DPF and all?

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
I don't have it on my 10 but have played with water injecyion before... generally you will see a reduction on egts... are you deleted or not? Sorry if I missed it im on my phone

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have it on my 10 but have played with water injecyion before... generally you will see a reduction on egts... are you deleted or not? Sorry if I missed it im on my phone
totally stock.

honestly my concern is the fact that it WOULD lower egt's. i know this is generally a good thing as it is a sign of higher thermal efficiency but i also know that the DPF is heavily reliant on egt's to burn the crap out of it. so.... any thoughts other than just turning the system off when you need to regen?

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
totally stock.

honestly my concern is the fact that it WOULD lower egt's. i know this is generally a good thing as it is a sign of higher thermal efficiency but i also know that the DPF is heavily reliant on egt's to burn the crap out of it. so.... any thoughts other than just turning the system off when you need to regen?
This setup woulod be very nice to have to help lower egts no doubt and i wouldnt use it with a dpf for that reason of lowering egts. Now another idea is to delete it and use this setup. This will work very very well with your stock turbo as the meth will help blaance out the stock turbo better

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This setup woulod be very nice to have to help lower egts no doubt and i wouldnt use it with a dpf for that reason of lowering egts. Now another idea is to delete it and use this setup. This will work very very well with your stock turbo as the meth will help blaance out the stock turbo better
ya that's what i was afraid of. i'm trying to avoid the need to delete for reasons that i won't get into. i was thinking about going the rout of water / methanol and propane. i don't know much about propane injection so i'm still doing homework on that. this water / methanol thing has me perplexed as far as the dpf goes. snow performance says it would be fine but then again, of course they would...

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
ya that's what i was afraid of. i'm trying to avoid the need to delete for reasons that i won't get into. i was thinking about going the rout of water / methanol and propane. i don't know much about propane injection so i'm still doing homework on that. this water / methanol thing has me perplexed as far as the dpf goes. snow performance says it would be fine but then again, of course they would...
Propaanes old technology IMO. Not too many people use it. Theres really no easy way here. The dpf is your enemy in any kind of performance. The watermeth might be ok for some here and there perfoemance but other thwn that i wouldnt run it alot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts