Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Water Methanol Injection?

16752 Views 10 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  MattTN23
Is anybody running water methanol injection on your 6.7 and what are your experiences with it so far? I have been kicking over the snow system and I'm trying to decide if it's worth it in real world experience. I'm sure I already know the answer, but what do you think this would do to your warranty?

Thanks,
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,024 Posts
I do not have the kit, but there are a few guys running it on here.

But it would be safe to assume it would cause warranty issues. If they will be picky about intakes and DPF deletes, they aren't going to like water/meth being sprayed into the motor.

· Registered
2,057 Posts
For the cost of the snow kit you could put your money into an intake manifold and boost tube. Or better yet put the money towards a turbo.

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts
I've been running water meth on my 6.7 since 07.

· Registered
446 Posts
i have the lebonte water meth i think it is just as good as the snow if not better at a fraction of the cost and yeah i would say dealer wouldnt like it too good

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
Since the super hot edge and pmt are pretty scarce now, do you actually use water meth anymore?

· Registered
841 Posts
I've been running my Snow kit for a while now with good results. It really helps lower EGTs and gives you a little more power to boot. I would not count on getting any warranty work done if they see any of the components.

· Registered
263 Posts
I ram the AEM kit for about a year. I really liked it. I noticed a little higher boost when spraying along with about 170 egt lose. It added about 25hp on the dyno. My pump failed after about fifty gallons. I went to a local feed store and picked up a Rv pump and replaced it. all in all I lked water meth While i had it. I also ran a 15.3 at 4500ft elevation in the quarter with just water meth on my truck, no exhaust or cia
\

· 700hp Club
2,197 Posts
If you are going to tow heavy loads then the snow is worth it just for reducing EGT's. I run the AEM kit and mix my own, 60water/40meth, and use it when i am racing or towing my 5th wheel, have seen 150deg drops in temps. Some guys use washer fluid, the only reason i don't like it is because of the additives, detergents and so on that your motor doesn't need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.