Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a few quick ???s bout a water/methanol injection. one how does it work???? two is it worth the money to get it or should i kinda stick to the basics. i have a fass ddrp, edge comp box, k & n air filter. looking into jammer injectors mrbp 4" switching to afe stage 2 air filter and a banks intake manifold. if anyone can help me out with this then plz do

·
Registered
728 Posts
just a few quick ???s bout a water/methanol injection. one how does it work???? two is it worth the money to get it or should i kinda stick to the basics. i have a fass ddrp, edge comp box, k & n air filter. looking into jammer injectors mrbp 4" switching to afe stage 2 air filter and a banks intake manifold. if anyone can help me out with this then plz do

I dont think it would really be worth it intill you get a bigger turbo and injectors. Its saposta cool egts down 200-300* and gain 40-60 HP. Im going to do it once I get my 64/71/14 turbo and my injectors but personally I wouldnt do it with the stock turbo. But you definently could do it wouldnt hurt anything :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
it works by reading boost pressure, then spraying the water/meth at your pre set intervals. mine starts to open at 20psi and goes wide open at 30psi.

i got mine because of price. i got a snow stage 2, 7gal tank, and solenoid, for $400. it lowers my egt's 250+*. with just my 200's and water/meth (on a hx35) my egt's wouldnt get over 1400*. without, the egts would climb 1600+*.

if i were you, id get some more gauges. (egt/boost/tranny).

depending on if you had a manual or auto tranny would dictate my next move after that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok what bout injectors with my stock turbo will it be good idea to run 100hp fbd injectors. also anyone know anything bout Banks Power Quick-Turbo Assembly w/ Wastegate Actuator???? looking into it but not sure. just looking for more power

·
Registered
728 Posts
ok what bout injectors with my stock turbo will it be good idea to run 100hp fbd injectors. also anyone know anything bout Banks Power Quick-Turbo Assembly w/ Wastegate Actuator???? looking into it but not sure. just looking for more power

yeah 100 hp sticks will be fine. Im not a big fan of the banks products but have never used the turbo.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
i spary into my stock hx35 just fine :thumbsup:

imo. use what you got till you want to upgrade to a bigger turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts