Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have been looking into water meth injection and had a couple questions. Would this cause any unneeded stress to anything? Will it hurt reliability? Tough to install? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Thanks for any help guys!

· Registered
4,832 Posts
From the bit of research I've done it appears that water meth is actually beneficial to the motor, lower egt's and better mpg's as well.Nice little power boost too.

· Registered
6,585 Posts
It dose increase cylinder pressure which can be harder on the engine. That being said, so dose almost every other preformance mod. Just be careful not to quench the engine.

With dual 625cc nozzles and -20wwf made 25hp and cooled egt's 250+*. Im messing around with different w/m setups for max mpg.

· Registered
1,706 Posts
:agree2::agree2: I have the snow performance on mine and I don't even turn the kit on until the truck is warm. It lowers egt's there for helping out Mpg's and adding some horses to. If you're going to go with a kit i'd recommend the stage 3 for you get the digital controller and allows you to adjust the time the nozzles spray and you can dial it in from the pyro. The stage 2 kit only monitors from boost and is mainly meant for higher boost and it'll be beneficial if you like to race and whatnot- it's not really meant for low settings if you set it to low you'll quench the engine and yeah.. ya don't want that at all. If you tow or are always monitoring your egt's (even though what you think is high is prolly just fine) then the snow kit will ease your mind and control them by about 200-250 degrees ish.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mostly just do everyday driving stuff. Is it worth it? What do you mean by quench the engine?

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just dont want to worry about egt's when a ricer needs to be put in his place haha. And the little power boost isnt a bad thing.

· Registered
1,706 Posts
What do you have done to your truck? Performance wise?

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Make sure too fill out your signature those, helps alot with any questions down the road. With your mods you should look into a lift pump. Before water/meth just my .02

· Registered
267 Posts
I just added the snow tow max to my truck. The difference is noticable, I had my quad set to derate at 1450deg and before the install I could easily derate to power level 0. Now with the snow it will rarely beep at me so it was a great addition IMHO.

· Registered
176 Posts
I made my own 2 stage water/meth kit. Its defiantly worth it, lowers the EGTs by 200 or so. Im still messing around with it though.

For better fuel mileage at what boost do you guys inject the w/m? And what size nozzles?

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I installed my Stage 2 last fall right before winter, so I haven't had much time to test mine either...daily driving or at the track. I've messed around enough to see my EGT gauge stop, and sometimes go back words it's cooling so much. I'm sure there is a power increase as well, my top end seems a bit better. I can also watch my intake temps drop once injection starts. I have two 675 nozzles right now, but I need to tune when it comes on and full on. Right now I have it start around 22PSI and full on at 50 psi I believe...or maybe 40 :hehe:

The only problem using it for fuel mileage, is you'd want the controller that recognizes lower boost, and injecting small amounts as you accelerate. And probably a huge tank! With my set up, I can empty a tank (OEM tank that comes with the kit) in no time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.