Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 02 1-ton and it's always hooked to the trailer, heard that the water/meth treatment is a easy and half way safe power allternative. looks confusing to me on setting up everything though. any suggestions on wether it's a good idea for a farm truck with heavy loads all the time or any pro's & con's to using something like this.

thanks

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i've done a lot of reading on this and it seems the water/meth is great for towing. i too tow 5 days a week,and will be getting some 100 sticks in the next couple weeks. the water/meth will be very soon after to keep my egts down.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
its very easy to set up or at least my snow performance kit was. Very straight forward install. I hardly ever tow so i wouldnt know how much it helps just drag racing and messing around it lowers my egts by about 150-200 degrees

·
Registered
931 Posts
PM Rollin Coal. He built his own water/meth system and said it worked great. I believe he is looking to sell. Give him a shout and see what he did.

Eric

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Just be careful how much you are injecting and how much methanol your mixture contains

·
Registered
931 Posts
I've been told no. And I believe most people that run water/meth on a daily setup just use regular washer fluid.

Eric

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
If you ran straight water wouldn't it just cool and not add any power? And I'm sure the nozzles are sized so that I can't add too much.....

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yes the water will just be a cooling effect.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and just so i get this right you can adjust the water/meth setups to how moch is added or is all you can change is ratio of the water to meth %

i just started reading up on this, thought it might be a way to add power as compared to a chip or programmer

i'm either going to run water/meth or edge juice w/additude, just seeing what some experiences have been with water/meth systems

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody else have any ideas or luck running water meth on a towing vehicle. and what kind of power increase is common

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
You will see much more from a programmer/box but it will get warmer also while towing.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I seen a gain of 40hp on the dyno with just washer fluid.I run 50/50 now,but have not been able to get back on the dyno because our dyno days keeps getting rained out

·
Registered
822 Posts
I've been told straight water adds 25-40 hp because of the steaming effect inside the cylinder. IMO, it's pretty safe if you don't run high methanol concentrations (above 33%).

·
Registered
822 Posts
Putting on a "mileage" programmer will bump the timing and actually decrease EGTs while also giving you a few ponies. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Advanced Auto -20 below.Im going to run 60m/40w when i get back on the dyno

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Advanced Auto -20 below.Im going to run 60m/40w when i get back on the dyno
hey smokinfords do you just run straight washer fluid or do you water it down as well?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
hey smokinfords do you just run straight washer fluid or do you water it down as well?
straight washer fluid is just fine..the advance auto -20 and the auto guard -20 fluid is already a mix that is close to 60-70%water. right now im running a bottle of washer fluid and one bottle of heet gas treatment which is 99%meth.for a 40%by weight meth. or 47%meth by volume. it seems to work well. But on dyno..if it doesnt get rained out. im doing a higher meth mix aswell.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
straight washer fluid is just fine..the advance auto -20 and the auto guard -20 fluid is already a mix that is close to 60-70%water. right now im running a bottle of washer fluid and one bottle of heet gas treatment which is 99%meth.for a 40%by weight meth. or 47%meth by volume. it seems to work well. But on dyno..if it doesnt get rained out. im doing a higher meth mix aswell.
I agree, just washer fluid will be fine.My samurai if you want some meth,i can get it locally

1 - 20 of 20 Posts