Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting water meth or a new turbo..

What kind of boost levels will I see from a ....

BD-Power Super "B"

and a..

Turbonetics Torque-Master Stage-1 Turbo

What do you guys think will go best with my truck?

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
I would say head studs and a turbo are the way to go..

I'd be very concerned about running water without studding the head - or more boost for that matter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh head studs.. I didnt think I would be getting that much more pressure from water meth or a super b?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
head studs..... or you can pop one like I did, with a new turbo...

·
Registered
589 Posts
ive been running water/meth 50/50 and an aurora 3000 getting 45psi of boost with no head studs and no problems.not saying that i wont but so far so good.dont quote me on this but i think the aurora 3000 flows 10 ppm more than a super b and 4 ppm less than a super b special,and costs just a little over $1200 with a 3 year 150,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
589 Posts
are you going over 50psi of boost when you pop your head gaskets????

·
Registered
589 Posts
do you have to pull the head to put in heads studs or can you install them one at a time without removing the head??

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I was right at that magic 50 number.... without the TST stack it wastgates at 35, once I got home... I hit the TST and there was no stopping it from shooting the boost so high. Oh well... just gonna get a marine gasket, headstuds, and have some head work grinding done. but it aint cheap!!!!

What's the maintenance like with water methanol? are you always filling it up and what not?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was right at that magic 50 number.... without the TST stack it wastgates at 35, once I got home... I hit the TST and there was no stopping it from shooting the boost so high. Oh well... just gonna get a marine gasket, headstuds, and have some head work grinding done. but it aint cheap!!!!

What's the maintenance like with water methanol? are you always filling it up and what not?
ya,i run two 6gpm nozzles and i dont turn it on much cause i hate filling it all of the time.it doesnt seem to give ya that much more power,but it is noticable and it lowers my egts 50-100 or so.i only turn it on when somebody wants to race.i really put it on for a boost cooler when i had a stock turbo but with the new turbo i rarely use it.

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts

On a 35/40? Drive pressure killed your head gasket for sure.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i would go with the turbo i am running the super b and when i had 100 horse jammers i had a smarty stacked i couldn't break 1250 egt towing a 1 ton chevy on 40's on a trailer and trust me when i got my super b i tested it my egts did not get high until i got my ddp 200 horse sticks now i just leave my programer and can tow great but when i turn it up with now trailer haha look out i am running 12.9 at 103 when using my water meth my egts get to about 1500 with the injectors but i have not poped a head gasket or a turbo just keep beating it my opion would be the super be first

Reactions: aaronsdmf

·
Registered
589 Posts
i would go with the turbo i am running the super b and when i had 100 horse jammers i had a smarty stacked i couldn't break 1250 egt towing a 1 ton chevy on 40's on a trailer and trust me when i got my super b i tested it my egts did not get high until i got my ddp 200 horse sticks now i just leave my programer and can tow great but when i turn it up with now trailer haha look out i am running 12.9 at 103 when using my water meth my egts get to about 1500 with the injectors but i have not poped a head gasket or a turbo just keep beating it my opion would be the super be first
wow those are good times,and your getting those with 200hp sticks and a smarty???and are you talking about a super b or a super b special????have you ever put it on the rollers?you should fill out your sig so everyone knows what your running.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya sorry about that my brother messed with it i dont actually run my smarty anymore the hot juice runs alot better its just a super b if you want to see it run go under the new jersey page and click on another atco night 4/18 i put it on the rollers with the old 100 horse jammers it only put down 360/777 should be running it soon with the new sticks hoping for 500

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
i dont know what u guys are doing, but my truck will just drive egts all the way up the gauge to 1800 and thats on a stock turbo, am i just retarded or maybe something wrong with my hotrod or do i need a bigger turbo????

·
Registered
153 Posts
sounds like a turbo probally blowing the waste gate

·
Registered
589 Posts
i agree with jersey, what kind of boost are ya getting.i was getting to 1680 with my stock turbo and alot more fuel.i wouldnt hit 1800 too much,thats super hot!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
1300 would be laying into it for a good while for me... I rarely see over 1100 without the TST on..... and that's putting the metal to the peddle and the thingy to the floor.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
im seein 46 to 48 pounds at wot lol, i think my truck is a special case lol, she sticks at 48 and just giveeeeerrrssss hell lol, loves it i guess i dont know, but the pyro rolls as high as she can go, i think its hooped maybe i dont know

·
Registered
153 Posts
what turbo comes stock on that truck anyway

1 - 20 of 24 Posts