Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need some more information or some clarification.

I had read in one thread on here about someone melting a few pistons due to running a tsmp8, smarty, and water/meth injection. I believe it had something to do with the increased timing or something along those lines.

So why would this have happened? I didnt think water injection did anything in terms of timing? Clarification or explanation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just need some more information or some clarification.

I had read in one thread on here about someone melting a few pistons due to running a tsmp8, smarty, and water/meth injection. I believe it had something to do with the increased timing or something along those lines.

So why would this have happened? I didnt think water injection did anything in terms of timing? Clarification or explanation.

Smarty levels have added timing levels and no added timing levels for stacking purposes. Says so in the user manual on my POD

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does water injection advance timing? If so, how much?

·
Registered
27 Posts
from my reading, the smarty CAN/DOES add timing, the MP8 DOES add timing... water meth only adds water meth, based on boost/egt....was what i understood it to be.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
So does water injection advance timing? If so, how much?
Methanol does add timing not sure on the amount but I know a built 12v ( fixed timing) that if any meth added to the water will create bad timing rattle.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Methanol does add timing not sure on the amount but I know a built 12v ( fixed timing) that if any meth added to the water will create bad timing rattle.
So is water/ meth bad for the common rails?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now I am currently running my BD TD GT, with my water/meth injection using an 80/20 mixture. I was told by several ppl this would be safe to run, with no problems. Just wanting to double check and make sure this isn't going to cause any serious issues. Any one heard of problems running a programmer and water/meth injection?

Anyone know about the time advance? How much?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts