Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting a snow stage 3 water/meth system to help out my egt's a little i know i still need to advance my timing but im still going to need a little more cooling im running a number 10 plate stock turbo with a 16cm housing but changing that to a banks quick spool 14 soonthe plate is only about 1/16 of a inch from stock it runs great other then on hot days my pyros come up quick and when im towing i can easliy take them past 1250 i have a stck head gasket and stock head bolts not looking to change them till this winter when i rebuild it im getting 40 psi boost and the turbo is lighting at 1650 rpms any help with that water/meth system and what timing advance i should be looking at would be great

thanks
trever

·
Registered
555 Posts
i dont think you need a stage 3 for towing. thats a lot of liquid man! why not a stage 1 or 2 with a 7 or 8 gallon resevoir? thatd be plenty of cooling for anywhere near 500 hp. also try playing with you starwheel (crank it back some to bring that temp down). what do you usually tow?

look into :
cooling mist kits
devils own kits
waterboy kits
and of course snow kits.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ether hay or wood shavings my gross weight most of the time is 29,800 full of fuel and when its during our cooler months i can keep it controled on egts farily well but not when it gets hot out side like anything above 85 degrees even with just my truck and no trailer it instantly can spike it i was just looking at the stage three cuase it goes by egt's and boost im going to try and change my fuel plate this weekend to a number 11 in stock location and see if it helps i hate taking power away it pulls so nice with the 10 plate where i have it just cant contol the temps and theres so many turbos out there and i hear this and that i have no clue as to even who to believe any help would be great

thanks
trever

1 - 3 of 3 Posts