Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 7 gallon tank in my bed, moved the pump closer to the tank ran new 3/8 line and with my two nozzles I am flowing 26 gph. the question I need help with is should I be worried about loss of pressure with the 150 psi pump?? I saw a adjustment screw on the pump does that raise the pump pressure if needed or is it time to upgrade to a 220 pump?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I don't think the 150 PSI pump flows more than 20 GPH without a pressure drop, and probably a bit less than that. I have 3 nozzles that together are rated for 40 GPH at 100 PSI; my 150 PSI pump only puts 30 GPH through the nozzles, and that's without it operating against boost pressure. That may or may not mean that the pump is putting out less than 100 PSI, I haven't had a gauge on it to see.

The waters still atomized pretty well at that point, though.

I was planning on getting another 150 PSI pump and putting it in series with my other one. The little electric pumps are really only a stop gap anyways, until I get a 1000 PSI water injection system going...

What's this screw you're talking about? I didn't notice a screw on my "Cooling Mist" Shurflo.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a allen head screw on the bottom of my pump between the inlet and outlet.

·
Registered
529 Posts
26 gph seems to much even for you upgrades. IMO you need to be be around 19 GPH @ max.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
26 gph seems to much even for you upgrades. IMO you need to be be around 19 GPH @ max.
I still see 1400 egt at wot with the water on and the 1600 egt gauge pegged with it off?water comes on at 15 psi and full on at 35 psi

·
Registered
529 Posts
Holly crap batman that is hot! Sounds like you need to start dumping buckets instead of gallons.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holly crap batman that is hot! Sounds like you need to start dumping buckets instead of gallons.
funny I had to send my first egt gauge back to auto meter due to a bent needle:w: guess it got a little warm sled pulling. that was the main reason to order the water kit.

·
Registered
588 Posts
can you guys post up some pics of where you have the nozzles mounted and where they are spraying? Thanx

·
Registered
588 Posts
bump..............

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont have any pics but my two nozzles are in the grid heater delete spacer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts