Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went thru high water in Houston this wknd kinda fast (why not!) now horn (OEM) sounds weak esp when it's locking with the key fob. See signature for truck type: basic 2005 5.9L

It's a bit louder when engine running. Voltmeter normal, all operations normal. I know horn is by drive side light/fender.

Any smart people with fix ideas or diagnostic is appreciated. Gonna work on fix this wknd...Thanks...Tyler
:S:

·
World Champs!!!
24,255 Posts
My 03s been that way for 3 years now. Went mudding and it got wet or got mud up in there...I just live with it. Let me know what you find, I may get the gumption to dig into it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was hit in a durango and my horn broke so I just went ahead and put a air horn in :headbang: Everyone hears me now and I'm gonna put one in my truck! I just went to a supply shop and bought a compressor, tubing, two horns with differnet pitches(Like the stock horn system) a y splitter... Couple hours later that night I woke up the neighborhood :doh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts