Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Water cooling a he3521ve.

1118 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mibgron
I was thinking about water cool my he351ve and hook a Fleece controller on it. Is it possible to hook it in series with the heater supply side? And that will give me a bit more heat in the cab for winter.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
It should be water cooled if you are running it. The coolant actually runs through the electronics on the turbo which would otherwise burn up from high sustained EGT's In line with the heater core isn't a bad idea either. All the fittings are metric banjo's that can be swapped out to AN to parallel thread metric with sealing rings if/when you decide to plumb up the water.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shibbyutman do you have an idea if should hook it up on the lower or upper hose?

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
lower or upper hose to _______ heater core? turbo? The flow for the turbo is supposed to be top to bottom, and likewise for the heater core I believe. I'm pretty sure the return for the heater core is that coolant line that runs under the exhaust manifold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.