Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im still getting my 1 ton back on track from the previous owners screwups. Ive noticed after 2000rpm theres not alot of power, or doesnt seem to be, but anyways i started looking around the engine and found on the wastegate theres two nipples side by side which im assuming should have vacuum lines hooked up, but theres nothing. Im sure this is affecting my power problem, i just dont know where the lines come from or go too. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
Fill out you sig so we know what year your truck is. Just click User CP above then edit sig.

The line to the wastegate is pressure, not vacuum.
Some years have a line that goes over the top of the engine to the wastegate, others a short line from the pressure side of the turbo to the wastegate.
If either setup is disconnected there should be something in the the hose to block it off, bolt, golf tee, etc. The nipple i=on the wastegate itself can be left open.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i fiiled out my sig and saved it, but it still dont come up.

its a 97 1 ton, 5spd 4x4, 195k.

anyways i dont want to leave it disconnected, thats totally defeating the purpose of what its for. anyways ill try and find out what goes where, fix it, and see what happens, by the way its all stock...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i found out theres a tee on the drivers side of the valve cover, i got it hooked up to the steel line running under the valve cover and down to the wastegate, but theres still two small ports side by side on the wastegate??

·
Registered
141 Posts
The waste gate is designed to limit the boost from your turbo, thus limiting the power from the engine. By disconnecting it, the boost pressure can go higher to help create more power. I would not worry about it being disconnected unless the lines that were supposed to feed it the boost signal were left open. On my 97 the boost signal goes over from the AFC housing. Make sure it is capped off.

As far as the power dropping off after 2100 rpm, that is the stock govenor starting to defuel your engine to help keep EGT's down. A 3k gsk kit will solve that, but get some guages (boost and egt).

Chuck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh i plan on getting a gauge pillar, i have a turbo gauge, plus i want a pyro, and fuel too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.