Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put in my boost and EGT gauges the other night and took it for a ride. The boost would only go to 9psi and that was it. Just to find out if there was a leak in the line to the gauge and to have a little fun we unhhoked the waste gate and corked it and it went right up 31 psi. Is the wastegate more than likely screwed up or am I missing an adjustment. Stock plate FF, AFC FF,and star wheel cranked forward. I did not mess with the smoke screw. This whole diesel thing is all new to me but I have been lurking in the forums and doing searches and have learned alot. Some very informative stuff on here.

·
Premium Member
16,205 Posts
Even totally stock your boost should go up to around 20 psi.
Since you're seeing 31 with the wastegate disconnected it appears the gate is working and you have no boost leaks.
Only thing I can figure is someone messed with the linkage adjustment on the wastegate turning it so it opens at a lower psi.
I would just leave the gate disconnected as long as your boost doesn't accede around 35 psi too often.

·
AlGores worst nightmare
1,953 Posts
Heres some turbo info, including what your boost should be, and what your wastegate should be set at. Turbocharger FAQ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have been sort of taking it easy and only taking it to about 20 pounds with my foot. Sometimes 25. Boy what a difference in performance. I was impressed with the thing with all the stock settings. I have definitely become a believer. I got 16.5 mpg pulling 4000 pounds through the hills of PA. Would a #10 plate be a good choice for light towing and some daily driving. I may pull some pretty heavy stuff occasionally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts