Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help. Keep getting a 234 code . Replaced the map sensor truck still not working right. The truck just seems to run rough. I did a search and keep seeing stuck waste gate. Where is it how easy is it to get to and how do I unstick it. I like to try to do things myself but also no when to say when. Can I do this myself. Thanks in advance

· Registered
48 Posts
the waste gate in inside the exhauste side of the turbo it opens to release preasure into exhauste will have to remove turbo search waste gate and you should find pics

· Registered
224 Posts
You can pull the hose off of the compressor housing and pressurize it to about 20 PSI...radiator pressure tester works great...and see if the linkage moves or not. If it doesn't move, then it's stuck.

It could either be the diaphram in the actuator housing blown out, or the shaft stuck shut inside the exhaust housing. Either way the turbo is going to have to be pulled off to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.