Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
921 - 940 of 941 Posts

· Registered
9,857 Posts
You need to :whip: ChrisD91 since he was supposed to host the next meet at his place.

· President of the 509
8,375 Posts

· Registered
9,857 Posts

· Registered
1996 Ram 2500 auto 4wd - almost stock
113 Posts
Hey everybody, I'm in my first diesel, a little north of Spokane.

Are there any meets that happen on the east side of the state, especially build days? I got some 3k springs to put into my 12 valve and wouldn't mind having somebody with more experience than me to help.

· Bangin' through the gears
5,521 Posts
You missed the heydays of the forums and local involvement. Having said that if you can find the right fellow enthusiast nearby, I think you'll get the help/in person guidance you are looking for. I'm basically 12valve illiterate, so I'm of no help there. I'm just south of you down in Spokane. I'm just getting ready to sell my 2005 that I've had for 16 years. The thought of not having a Cummins anymore is a bit sad. But I'll eventually get a 12 valve or 2 down the road sometime.

· VP of the dry side
4,163 Posts
Hey everybody, I'm in my first diesel, a little north of Spokane.

Are there any meets that happen on the east side of the state, especially build days? I got some 3k springs to put into my 12 valve and wouldn't mind having somebody with more experience than me to help.
I'm in moses lake, if you decide you need help or want to make a road trip one day I'd be glad to help. Or if you just need guidance that's fine to. Let me know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

· Registered
113 Posts
I'm in moses lake, if you decide you need help or want to make a road trip one day I'd be glad to help. Or if you just need guidance that's fine to. Let me know

There are 2 things I'm looking at that may be a little outside what I am ready to jump into. I got some 3k springs, and fixing the KDP.

· VP of the dry side
4,163 Posts
There are 2 things I'm looking at that may be a little outside what I am ready to jump into. I got some 3k springs, and fixing the KDP.
Both or those are quite quick and easy jobs. I have a buddy with a heated garage that may be up to helping out one weekend if you're looking to get them in soon. Or if you wait till spring it could easily be done in a driveway

· Registered
113 Posts
Both or those are quite quick and easy jobs. I have a buddy with a heated garage that may be up to helping out one weekend if you're looking to get them in soon. Or if you wait till spring it could easily be done in a driveway

I'm working on a spring to do list...
Heater core replacement, coolant flush/change, maybe new 200° tstat
Add coolant filter
KDP
Get wiring from PO for trailer plug in bed figured out and put in correctly
"Mystery Switch" torque converter lockup
3k springs
Pending funding, helper airbags, gooseneck mount, but these are probably a couple years out so I can pay off a few other bills first, before buying a bigger trailer and tractor.
Longer term, I've got a few more things in mind, including head studs, head gasket, exhaust manifold, wastegate adjustment, adding gauge pods and gauges for trans temp, EGT, and boost pressure. I'd like to build to about 300-350 horsepower, which should be plenty for pretty much anything I'm going to be doing.

· Registered
3,727 Posts
Welcome, there's still a few of us floating around here.

· VP of the dry side
4,163 Posts
I'm working on a spring to do list...
Heater core replacement, coolant flush/change, maybe new 200° tstat
Add coolant filter
KDP
Get wiring from PO for trailer plug in bed figured out and put in correctly
"Mystery Switch" torque converter lockup
3k springs
Pending funding, helper airbags, gooseneck mount, but these are probably a couple years out so I can pay off a few other bills first, before buying a bigger trailer and tractor.
Longer term, I've got a few more things in mind, including head studs, head gasket, exhaust manifold, wastegate adjustment, adding gauge pods and gauges for trans temp, EGT, and boost pressure. I'd like to build to about 300-350 horsepower, which should be plenty for pretty much anything I'm going to be doing.
Sounds like a pretty good amount of work. My daily driver 97 is sitting right around the 300-350hp at the tires. Makes a decent daily and tow pig when needed.

· Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good amount of work. My daily driver 97 is sitting right around the 300-350hp at the tires. Makes a decent daily and tow pig when needed.

While there is a bit of work lined up, it doesn't all have to be done at once. Some things obviously go well together, like coolant flush, heater core, and coolant filter. Anything I do, I will have all the parts for on hand before starting since my truck is my daily.
Most of what I have planned, I can, and probably will do myself at home. I'm just getting to the point that I don't enjoy working on my truck when outside temps are below 50

· VP of the dry side
4,163 Posts
Man, when it comes to 12v trucks, really makes me wish @dauntless89 was still up here, used to be just down the road from me.
Ya Tony was a major help. But on to bigger and better things. At least we get to reap the benefits of having him at pdd as he help develop new products. They keep coming out with cool stuff that I figured no one would do for our truck anymore.
While there is a bit of work lined up, it doesn't all have to be done at once. Some things obviously go well together, like coolant flush, heater core, and coolant filter. Anything I do, I will have all the parts for on hand before starting since my truck is my daily.
Most of what I have planned, I can, and probably will do myself at home. I'm just getting to the point that I don't enjoy working on my truck when outside temps are below 50
Well if you need help or guidance I'm in moses and more than willing to help. I have many of the specialty tool for working on these trucks as well.

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Yeah, i had my fair share of good times around a fire with Tony. And hearing him explain some of his pet projects in person, you definitely got the feeling he was way to smart for what he was doing at the time. All around a great guy, i just need to convince him to visit once in a while. lol

· Registered
113 Posts
Ya Tony was a major help. But on to bigger and better things. At least we get to reap the benefits of having him at pdd as he help develop new products. They keep coming out with cool stuff that I figured no one would do for our truck anymore.Well if you need help or guidance I'm in moses and more than willing to help. I have many of the specialty tool for working on these trucks as well.

Perhaps this summer, I'll take you up on that. It is only about 20 miles to i90, then 100 miles to moses hole, I mean lake. That's only about 2 hours or so each way. The biggest thing I'd look for help with is the governor springs. I'll read more on the KDP process, and perhaps try to get that done at the same time.

Tearing my dash apart doesn't scare me for the heater core.

· VP of the dry side
4,163 Posts
Yeah, i had my fair share of good times around a fire with Tony. And hearing him explain some of his pet projects in person, you definitely got the feeling he was way to smart for what he was doing at the time. All around a great guy, i just need to convince him to visit once in a while. lol
I know he has been crazy busy the last year or so. I can on rare occasion get him to text back and forth for a while. But I know hes slammed. Hopefully we can both hound him to come for a vacation with the family up here. He would start telling me about his arduino controller and all the electronic hacks he was doing. And soon after that my eyes would start to glaze over and he'd lose me lol. He amazes me with his scientific methods of testing almost everything.

Perhaps this summer, I'll take you up on that. It is only about 20 miles to i90, then 100 miles to moses hole, I mean lake. That's only about 2 hours or so each way. The biggest thing I'd look for help with is the governor springs. I'll read more on the KDP process, and perhaps try to get that done at the same time.

Tearing my dash apart doesn't scare me for the heater core.
Ya let me know. Kdp is a pretty straight forward project. Minus a few tricks that make it much simpler and quicker. GSK is also only about a hour long project with explaining things.

· Premium Member
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD SLT
665 Posts
Gold Bar, WA checking in. Just recently got my first Cummins. 2014 2500 SLT.

921 - 940 of 941 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.