Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Warranty

1679 12
Has anyone purchased there warranty from Chryslerwarranty.com? I'm still wrestling with the idea of an extended warranty. The dealer quoted me 2,600 for a Chrysler maxcare 8/120,000 and Chryslerwarranty.com quoted me 2,100 for the same warranty. Is this a legitimate web site that is selling me the same thing for less? I have a 2014 ram ctd 2500 purchased in July. (Buyer beware ):confused013:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,690 Posts
jack0351, and its the maxcare? If you have an extended warranty can you perform your own service? (as long as you keep records)
You can always do your own service, so long as you can back it up, the warranty is unaffected.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Has anyone purchased there warranty from Chryslerwarranty.com? I'm still wrestling with the idea of an extended warranty. The dealer quoted me 2,600 for a Chrysler maxcare 8/120,000 and Chryslerwarranty.com quoted me 2,100 for the same warranty. Is this a legitimate web site that is selling me the same thing for less? I have a 2014 ram ctd 2500 purchased in July. (Buyer beware ):confused013:
I was under the impression that that was the true warrenty website. After reading I dont know what to think. There is so many "Chrysler" warranties.

·
Go Packers
18,612 Posts
jack0351, and its the maxcare? If you have an extended warranty can you perform your own service? (as long as you keep records)
This is what I do. I too, do my own maintenance. I keep a detailed record on my computer. (vehicle logs) Date, mileage, who, what, where, when, & price. This really helps when looking back to see what was done, when. I also keep a 3 ring binder with receipts of oil, filters, and anything that is purchased for truck. I make copies of the receipts, they will fade over time. Having a paper trail so to say, removes any doubt the dealer may have concerning a warranty issue. Knock on wood, the only warranty repair I've had was a replaced dash mounted brake controller.

·
Registered
295 Posts
No extra warranty for me either, though most likely will buy one prior the the vehicle turning a year old.
Waiting to check out some better deals than my dealer offered me...

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
To keep it safe, if one can get a good deal, I'd stay with the Chrysler max care extended warranty...It's Chrysler backing it, not a second party. Mine is 7yr, 100,000 miles, -0- deductible....Get's me a free rental even when I take my truck in to get an oil and filter change and I got running around to do..pretty handy:) (taking advantage of 4 free oil and filter changes in 2yrs from date of purchase)..:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.