Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help guys, my trany just went out at 55,000 miles and the dealer ship said that it wont be covered under my extended service warranty. They said the Edge chip is the reason they wont warranty the trany. Its my under standing that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act protects me from this problem. I guess I need a good attorney.

I live in western colorado if anybody knows of a dealer I can tow my truck to and get it warrantied please let me know

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Sorry to hear about your tranny. Mods are why I sold back my "extended warranty". Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act dosen't cover "performance parts". Did you take it in with the Edge still on? Like they say ya gotta pay to play. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Unfortunately you're probably going to have a very hard time finding a dealer that will waranty it. The magnusson moss act didnt cover performance parts. Its my understanding that it protects people when they put oem spec parts, that werent oem, (filters and such). You may be up a creek on this one. I would look aftermarket for a built transmission. I dont know whats out there for you 6.7 guys, but im sure theres got to be something better than stock. Good luck.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Need help guys, my trany just went out at 55,000 miles and the dealer ship said that it wont be covered under my extended service warranty. They said the Edge chip is the reason they wont warranty the trany. Its my under standing that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act protects me from this problem. I guess I need a good attorney.

I live in western colorado if anybody knows of a dealer I can tow my truck to and get it warrantied please let me know

Thanks guys
You are mistaken about the Magnusson-Moss Act.

Your Edge Juice could easily be proven to be the reason your tranny failed and the dealer has no responsibility to fix your transmission on Dodges dime.

That said......

Take of your Edge and try another dealer. LOL

·
Registered
296 Posts
If they wrote a ticket up on it, I would say it is flagged in the computer for all dealers to see. Good luck

·
Registered
648 Posts
Unless something simply fell apart, it sounds like it's going to be on your dime. Odds are pretty good the Edge didn't help much.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Which dealer did you take it to? Have not heard good things about the one in Junction. When I talked to them, they didn't seem mod friendly.Just curious if this is the one you tried also.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts

Thanks guys

Lets be honest though, the Edge is a mild box. You're not adding 200 hp with it or anything like that... maybe all that happened is you snapped a shaft or busted your flexplate. Although these jobs are not quick, they are not extremely expensive parts. What EXACTLY did they say is wrong with your tranny? I would probably take it from the dealer to a reputable transmission shop so you can get some real answers. The dealer will replace an entire trans rather than find out the problem and replace a part IMO.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi
Not covering a repair & restricting a warranty are two different things.

A dealer on their own cannot restrict a warranty. Even less likely on a service contract.

Turning you away (refusing to Cover a failure) does not automatically get your vin red flagged.

However raising a stink with customer relations and or a field rep and quoting the Mangesson-Moss act is like calling in an artillery strike on yourself, puts you on the radar screen and most likely will get you restricted. If your vin is clean, you can retrieve the vehicle (drive or tow) & just start over somewhere else (take the box off for goodness sake, geesh).

Pm me your last eight of your vin, mileage & first 4 digits of your last name & I'll look at ur printout & warranty status.

Charlie
PS just looked at your sig, put the vehicle back the way you bought, ie undelete it before going to another dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.