Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has any one had there warranty void by a smarty. I know they say it can not be detected, just want to know if it is true or not. not just smarty jr can be any smarty

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
i never hear anything about anyone getting caught, they wouldnt guarantee it if it wasnt true

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
What you need to ask is what grantee do you get that it can't be found and if it is found who will cover the repairs when you wind up with a void warranty?

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
I.........., am my own warranty!:thumbsup:

·
Diesel Junkie
5,900 Posts
Moved to 3rd gen performance parts.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
What you need to ask is what grantee do you get that it can't be found and if it is found who will cover the repairs when you wind up with a void warranty?
Now that is an excellent post :thumbsup:

If you're not prepared to be your own warranty station, don't do any mods that might void your warranty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a friend who has been a long time Chrysler tech he says the Smarty and the edge ez are not detectible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I spoke with a good diesel tech at my local stealer - he says guys come in with programmers all the time - and the dealer will do what they can to avoid covering your repair. He laughed about it though because guys would come in with both the truck programmed with the programmer still hooked up. I didn't verify if the stock setting on the smarty was hidden enough, but judging by his candor I think it would be.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Every dealer/ tech Ive talked to said they could "probably" find it... but none of them had ever heard of a smarty voiding a warranty, and neither have I. There are ways to tell, but I think would REALLY have to be looking hard. I agree with others.. you pay to play and part of playing is saying good bye to your warranty at some point....

·
Wyoming BAMF
1,709 Posts
I think that if you put engine enhancing modifications on your truck and then you lose an injector or cp3 or something you should have to pay for the repairs, what I think is ridiculous is that people get their entire warranty voided for these chips. How does a chip affect your radio or your power seat or even your heated seat?

·
Registered
214 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^ x2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts