Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a warm up mode on the 6 spd. auto transmissions? Mine won't shift past 4th (or maybe its 5th) so at 55mph I'm hitting 2100 rpm's. Also, the engine brake won't engage for the first 5 to 10 minutes I drive depending on the temperature. I've also noticed that the exhaust brake kicks in sporatically during decel when my speed is less than 20 mph and I get some clunking from the drivetrain when it does. Are these normal occurences for these trnny's (along with the noisy shfting into park I experience)?

G

·
Can't answer all your questions, I simply haven't run into one of these trans yet. But I'd bet there is a temp lockout of the upper gears, just as there is on the 4spd AT's.

Hope that helps, and here's a bump up top for others to see....

Is there a warm up mode on the 6 spd. auto transmissions? Mine won't shift past 4th (or maybe its 5th) so at 55mph I'm hitting 2100 rpm's. Also, the engine brake won't engage for the first 5 to 10 minutes I drive depending on the temperature. I've also noticed that the exhaust brake kicks in sporatically during decel when my speed is less than 20 mph and I get some clunking from the drivetrain when it does. Are these normal occurences for these trnny's (along with the noisy shfting into park I experience)?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts