Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
here's a project i recently did. so far so good on the paint adhesion.

·
Registered
830 Posts
the next 2 outside mods will be a single black stack and towing mirrors.........who the heck puts these frickin small mirrors on these trucks:thud:

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard to paint them up. Just scuff them up first and clean them down before you spray them. ST rims are pretty easy to do, obviously.....

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Do you have a better picture. If so, E-Mail it to me. I'm no photo shop expert but I just did the same thing with mine to determine if I would like my rims in black.
[email protected]

·
Registered
246 Posts
the next 2 outside mods will be a single black stack and towing mirrors.........who the heck puts these frickin small mirrors on these trucks:thud:
Ya know, I would never have thought black stockers would look good but they sure do, nice job.

How did you prep your center caps before spraying?

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I would say go for it. I got some H2 rims that are being painted black to match some pocket style fender flares.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Ya know, I would never have thought black stockers would look good but they sure do, nice job.

How did you prep your center caps before spraying?
i scuffed real well with 320 wet sand paper. then i washed real well and primed with self etching primer. thanks for the compliment.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Do you think it would be hard to mask off the inner part of the wheel and paint the spokes black? Leaving the center cap and inner part original?

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
I say go for the all black look. That is what I am working on right now....Getting rid of all the chrome!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts