Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im redoing some of my front end. and decided to do a steering brace

are they all the same or is there one thats better then the others? and who has the best deal?

·
Registered
251 Posts
You seem to be able to get the PSC steering braces a little cheaper than BD which are the two big name braces. They also have others on ebay pretty often. I've looked at a few of them and the hardware all seems to be of the same quality. Some have round tubing and some have square tubing but it really just boils down to preference.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I picked one up from DT Pro fab and very happy with it. Very straight forward instructions. When I got mine, I picked it up in a drivability kit, came with shocks, control arms, steering brace and an adjustable trac bar. All very well put together.

Reactions: eforbes

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pm a price on how much that kit cost

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Or just put the price here, maybe a link too. Thanks
I got the BD style, very easy install.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Here is the link right to the location. Prior to me ordering, gave them a call and they really took time to explain and describe the products. I have no complaints and the customer service for me was great.RAM 4x4 DRIVABILITY KIT

·
Registered
596 Posts
BD and DT are the big names??? Come on, they both swiped the design from the originator, Solid Steel Industries. I would buy the original real deal over a copy and that is exactly what I did.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Ah come on, everything is a copy, and everyone thinks they do it best. Take trucks for instance, who's to say dodge is not a copy of the first American made truck, it wasn't a dodge haha, or tires, who was first, everything else a copy?, radios, chips, intakes, u-joints. Its all personal preference.

·
Registered
596 Posts
So that is why you bought a BD, because it's a copy? Is it better or the same. My thought is it is the same, so why not stick to the original.

The guy asked "which is best and why". My opinion is they are are the same so the original is the best because it is the original and not a copy.

I have been running my SSI brace on 2 different 2nd Gens since 2003 or 2004, can't remember exactly. It has umpteen miles on it and is 100% original parts and works as well today as the day it was new.

Reactions: eforbes
1 - 10 of 10 Posts