Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 RAM 3500 Megacab Laramie Dually
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wanting to possibly delete my 2018 3500 dually. I haven't done one since my 07 6.7 so I need some info of what is the best bang for the buck, what I need to use for the programming, and basically what do I need to do for these new style trucks. I had an H&S programmer on my 07 with 5 inch exhaust with an AFE Mega Canon cold air. I also need to know who will set me up with all this. I would like to do Egr delete, Tuner or tune, exhaust, and what ever I need for this truck. I don't need to blow the Trans out of her but would like to have the power too if I wanted to spend extra money lol.. Can someone help me out?! Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 3500 CC DRW
45 Posts
Ya I'm sure they do... but that's not helping me with fuel mileage or pulling power
Aside from my mild smart-ass reply you're kinda in a pickle at this point. But there are options "out there", just not in the US like it was a year+ ago.

To be honest, your truck makes enough power to pull what its rated for and in-tact tuning can get you the mileage (and power increase) you're looking for.

·
Registered
2014 3500 CC DRW
45 Posts
I just deleted our 5500 service truck with a single tune efi live, 5 inch turbo back and egr delete for right at $1100.
Ebay kit? I've asked a couple sellers on ebay and they are tight lipped on who made the tunes they are including. That's a show stopper for me and makes no sense really.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ebay kit? I've asked a couple sellers on ebay and they are tight lipped on who made the tunes they are including. That's a show stopper for me and makes no sense really.
I got mine from CTT right before they stopped selling in the US, but I know SameDayTuning is still selling in the US at least the last time I checked.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I am a big fan of stock, but being stranded on a trip due to a failed smog part makes me think of a intact delete just in case of an emergency. The DEF pumps are NA for a while and it will put you into limp mode. I know the EPA is out there and on Wednesday they will really be back.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hello I was wanting to possibly delete my 2018 3500 dually. I haven't done one since my 07 6.7 so I need some info of what is the best bang for the buck, what I need to use for the programming, and basically what do I need to do for these new style trucks. I had an H&S programmer on my 07 with 5 inch exhaust with an AFE Mega Canon cold air. I also need to know who will set me up with all this. I would like to do Egr delete, Tuner or tune, exhaust, and what ever I need for this truck. I don't need to blow the Trans out of her but would like to have the power too if I wanted to spend extra money lol.. Can someone help me out?! Thanks!
G.O.O.G.L.E.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Why delete? Just doesn't make sense. I know, I was concerned too... but I've had 166k miles without a single emissions issue (we won't discuss that head gasket...)

tuned since 100k with Calibrated Power's tune, all emissions intact and functioning. No need to worry, wherever I am with the truck, I'm legal.

The added power is nice! But the transmission tuning is astounding!

Reactions: HotrodB1

·
Registered
2018 RAM 3500 Megacab Laramie Dually
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why delete? Just doesn't make sense. I know, I was concerned too... but I've had 166k miles without a single emissions issue (we won't discuss that head gasket...)

tuned since 100k with Calibrated Power's tune, all emissions intact and functioning. No need to worry, wherever I am with the truck, I'm legal.

17Ram2500 I looked into Calibrated Power and they were very knowledgeable. I can basically get the same feel in the seat performance as a deleted truck but with all the emission products on it. Will I miss the sound? YES ! but all in all for the transmission tunes that the truck definitely needs and the 5 different tunes it should work well. I have 89k on my truck and knock on wood the emissions has not given me a problem and seems to work for what it is needed. The way I look at it and it seems like it will pull a trailer very well on one end of the switch and will be enough to destroy the transmission on the other end of the settings. I thank you for your response and giving me some information on this matter and not getting completely off subject with " WHAT IF'S " in my post! Thanks again !

·
Registered
201 Posts
will i,m deleting my 2013 111000 miles on it ,, the def heater went out and the cel is on .,only when its below 30 degrees .my state has no emissions,, i,ve done all my trucks . never had a problem selling or trading them in.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
The early Ram DEF equipped trucks are getting some miles and times on them now and smog crap is beginning to fail and not covered under warranty. The repairs will be expensive. The % that are, or will be deleted is small. Many will just go to the dealer and pay. Some will see expensive repairs ahead and bail on it. The dealers win and we loose. Not sure what I will do yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.