Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting a black grille shell without the cross grids in it. Like a big mouth grille. My chrome is starting to flake off and im wanting to do the whole black on white thing without any chrome. My truck is white and i think it would look wicked with a black big open grille without the cross grids. Does anybody know who makes them?
Thanks,
Derek

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Why don't you just sand off the chrome and paint it black?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea but

im wanting the grids out of it u know the cross bars.. also im scared the paint wont hold up to all of the bugs and rocks and stuff. Factory finishes are usually tougher than rattle can finishes in my experience. I looked at a big mouth grille but they only come in chrome with a polished stainless insert i would have to strip the chrome off of it and repaint a 400 dollar grille. Just too risky i think...
Good idea though man!
Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Take a sodering gun and melt the plastic tabs that hold the grids in. Worked for my grille when I went to the sport grille and had to paint it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not those grids

im talking about the big chrome cross in the center of the grille

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
I just bought an OEM 06 sport grill (black) off ebay for $46 + shipping. Gonna have it painted.

Maybe you can catch a deal like that, cut out the center section, sand it down and paint it. I know there are places to get OEM paint mixed into an aerisol (?sp) can. You probably won't use all of it and can do touch up later if needed.

Just brainstorming!:confused013:

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
I'm thinking about modding my grille and cutting those cross members out, though just the horizontal ones, I like that style. If I go through with it I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Here's a pic--

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.