Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 quad cab short bed with 5.9. D&J stock longblock, 6.7 rockers, fleece coolant bypass
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted swing away bumper with spare tire mount.
-shipped freight to Boise, Idaho.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Hello fellow Idahoan. You may try getting a quote from a local fabricator for having a bumper / swing out tire carrier custom fabricated. Keeps the money local and ensures you get exactly what you want. Just a thought.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
14,248 Posts
If you don't mind a drive, call the 4x4 store in Clarkston. They make their own line of bumpers and can do custom stuff like that, and they should be able to ship to you as well

·
Registered
2005 quad cab short bed with 5.9. D&J stock longblock, 6.7 rockers, fleece coolant bypass
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate it! I just shot them an email for pricing on one with a swing out.

The Clarkston shop said they won't do it. Maybe because I mentioned shipping to boise, but who knows. It's looking like Aluminess with 2 swing outs at $2700 + $425 shipping!
Hopefully I can find one in steel for less. I don't want aluminum as a lift point...

I missed the Idahoan post! In response, I talked with a Jeremy fellow in Garden City and he's willing to consider it. He seemed skeptical at first (so much time making a one off), but I told him I'd rather pay him the same as the Aluminess, and I'd have it in steel, and save the $425 shipping.
The corrosion resistance of aluminum is nice, but I will beat the heck out if it, so steel will hold up better.
Really nice that the alluminess can lock both swing outs strait back for long loads of lumber. I'll design something similar if I have a local welder build it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.