Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bed off to replace it. While it was off I grinded down and sprayed the frame with duplicolor undercoating. Do you think I should paint the leafs or leave them?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
definately, to match the frame. better now than later

·
Banned
193 Posts
I agree, you should paint them. I painted my springs and axles (Rustolem). Appearance (to me) is of a mechanically sound "clean" truck.
I also used the Fusion paint for plastic and painted my wheel well liners. I got feed up with the brown dirty look comming back within a week of shining them up using various Armorall type products.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes! Paint them, my buddy just put 12in of lift in his truck, and did the samething, paint it all, it looks better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok they're gettin painted, thanks

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,575 Posts
You already have the bed off. Paint them. :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
I used to work for a submarine company. When they painted the steel hull, they wanted to make it last 3 years submerged in saltwater without any rust.

They would always sand off the paint to bare metal. Then use Metal Prep or OSPHO to make the metal "bright white" -- absolutely no rust. Then prime and paint. I'm doing my 91.5 that way.

If you don't want any more rust, kill it first with Metal Prep or OSPHO. Look for it in a good hardware or marine store. Follow the directions.

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
I agree, paint the whole undercarriage. I did that to mine, and it looks so much better, because you can see everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts