Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am about to buy some 17 x 9's with 4.5" backspace.are they going to stick out?i want to make them stick out though yet not to much.any suggestions?i was thinking about spacers,though are they strong enough to hold?i was thinking about making them stick out like the 12" width rims.any suggestions on what to do to make them stick out?

·
Registered
962 Posts
They will stick out some but on these dodges if you go that route you can't do a very large tire without a lift. You guys in Cali sure like wheels to stick out. Every time I am in either state I am blow away at how many trucks have tires sticking way out. There are 100 in your state for every one I see here at least.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dont do it
hell i even popped my bed to cover the rears and still make a mess whenever i drive it

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
get 14ich wide tires they will stick out for sure
:rof :lol3: I BET THEY WOULD STICK OUT!!!any suggestions fella's?YEAH I GUESS THE STICKING WHEELS OUT IS FASHION UNTIL U TRY TO PARK IN A TIGHT SPOT!THEN ALL THE LOOKS GO AWAY :T: AND UR SITTING THERE LIKE $HIT Y DO MY TIRES STICK OUT!!AND IM NOT SO WORRIED ABOUT THE DIRT ON THE SIDES

IM TRYING TO STAY AT A 33" OR UNDER TIRE!!DONT WANT TO GET THE NOISE AND AM NOT GOING TO LIFT IT,LEVELER IS FINE!!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah im thining about going with a 18-22" rim if i find one at a decent price..if not ill add a spacer,though i've heard spacers are dangerous on 8 lugs

·
Registered
278 Posts
fordassassin

Yeah, the 17x9's with 4.5" backspacing will stick out but not extremely too far. I am running the exact same size rim with the exact same backspacing & a 34" x 11.5" tire.

My setup sticks out about 1 1/2" from the fender. Not too bad IMHO.

HUMP

·
Registered
278 Posts
fordassassin

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
I've got 33X12.50 tires and they stick out a little!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
:rof :lol3: I BET THEY WOULD STICK OUT!!!any suggestions fella's?YEAH I GUESS THE STICKING WHEELS OUT IS FASHION UNTIL U TRY TO PARK IN A TIGHT SPOT!THEN ALL THE LOOKS GO AWAY :T: AND UR SITTING THERE LIKE $HIT Y DO MY TIRES STICK OUT!!AND IM NOT SO WORRIED ABOUT THE DIRT ON THE SIDES

IM TRYING TO STAY AT A 33" OR UNDER TIRE!!DONT WANT TO GET THE NOISE AND AM NOT GOING TO LIFT IT,LEVELER IS FINE!!
im so paranoid about people touching my truck that i park as far away as possible and bring in all the shopping carts with me..i tihnk wide tires would be the least of my problems..:lol3:

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey HUMP those dont stick out as much as what i am looking for!!and BIGBLUE24v yup thats what i should worry about!!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
hey HUMP those dont stick out as much as what i am looking for!!and BIGBLUE24v yup thats what i should worry about!!
i will seriously park out in the boonies where there is not a single car...and what makes me angry is theres always someone parked out there next to you when you go back...hopefully once IM up 7 inches higher in a month people wont be able to ding above the rocker panels..

1 thing to consider is that a wider tire is more rolling friction so you will lose some economy...but as far as how far they stick out..its maybe two or three more inches if your running a 12.5 inch wide tire on upgraded rims..on stockers its less..so its hardly as big a deal as it is made out to be

·
Registered
454 Posts
ya they look cool till they fling rocks at your doors and bed. I have nicks on the botton oy my mirrors! and they only stick out about 2 inches. They look awesome but they are hell on the body

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i never thought about the rocks flying up haha..well i dont want them to stick out like the 20 x 12's..just want them to make the truck have a real aggressive stance!like that PROJECT X,except thats 2wd

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guys never mind about those old rims,i found a set of Eagle Alloys.and the guy said this is the offset 17x10 8 on 6.5 with a -20mm offset ...ANYBODY RUNNING THAT OFFSET?how does it look?pictures would be great as well

1 - 20 of 28 Posts