Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab with the 6.7 cummins. I ocassionally pull my 30' camper and an ATV trailer. I am mainly looking for better fuel milage and a little more power.

Right now I am considering a Banks intake and 6 gun tunner versus a S+B intake with edge juice and attitude.

Any suggestions would be appricated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Pricy, :$::$: Most people with the 6.7's love the edge because of the monitoring ability. The edge has been around for a while and has a good reputation. I've seen the ads that say's Banks has a six gun tuner out but haven't actually heard of anybody having one. The Banks intake sounds awesome to me but again pricy. There are a lot of intakes available and most people will tell you they're all about the same. I'd say go with the edge since you pull, and in all honesty I don't have a recommendation for a good intake, most of them are very comparable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am in the same boat as Ramtruck4life. I want to upgrade my truck. My dealer told me that the intake will not void warranty. But if I add the programmer, then all is voided. What to do. If I could, I would go with the Edge w/Juice and he AFE Intake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Banks is telling that they do offer the 6 gun for $990 ($190 more then edge). Banks sells their intake for about $130 more then the S+B intake. Pricy, I agree.

The reason I am considering them is I like the idea of buying everything from the same company in case I have problems. Also I like their "smoke free" claims because I do no want to have DPF problems.

Has anyone else been told that a tuner will void my warranty?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
these days, if your caught with a tuner the odds are dc and your dealer will void your warranty. there are still a few dealers that will let some stuff slide, but if your truck needs any serious repairs, dc will be brought into the mix, and they won't let anything slide. best advice is just tell yourself the warranty is on you from here on out, and if repairs are needed and dc does pick up the tab, then it's just a bonus for you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Banks is telling that they do offer the 6 gun for $990 ($190 more then edge). Banks sells their intake for about $130 more then the S+B intake. Pricy, I agree.

The reason I am considering them is I like the idea of buying everything from the same company in case I have problems. Also I like their "smoke free" claims because I do no want to have DPF problems.

Has anyone else been told that a tuner will void my warranty?

Im not fond of bank$ stuff, it might be smoke free, but its also powerless, and over priced. Id go with the edge or PMT. and AFE are great intakes. Id go with a dry filter, as the oil can get sucked into the turbo.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
if you oil the filter right you shouldn't have any problems, but the dry filters are hassle free, and a hair cheaper

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have the AFE stage II sealed box intake and absolutely love it, fit and finish is awesome. I got the pro dry and the pro guard 7 filters with it. I have the edge for my power adder and it have been great. I am getting ready to add an mp8 and a FASS 150/150 in about a week. I have found that I get the best mileage with the edge on level 5, I don't have the hot unlock, as long as you don't drive aggressively. I average 15 mpg in town and 22-24 on the highway depending on the wind and how many hills I have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. I think that I will look into the AFE dry filters.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "mp8"?

I have a buddy who is the shop manager at my local dealer, sounds like I better give him a call.

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts