Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get a fuel pressure gauge do i need to monitor rail pressure also or just lift pump pressure? i plan on getting a smarty.what do you guys reccomend for gauge? i have isspro gauges know.
thanks scott

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
I prefer the electric fuel pressure gauge. IMO, A rail pressure gauge is only really needed if you are heavily modified. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quadzilla pressure gauge?

thanks for reply's. anyone use the quadzilla rail/l.p.pressure gauge? if so how accurate is it? what sending units does it use?seems like a good price for both pressures in one gauge.
scott

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the Quad commander with the FP/RP gauge option and it works real well. I am starting to have an issue with the sending unit for the fuel pressure but not that big of a deal, just need to get a new sending unit from quad, I have had it for a year or so.

-Frog

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I would run both. I like to see BOTH in trucks OVER 450HP. Plus, I prefer doing a project ONCE. If Im in wireing guages, know theres a posibility I need it in the future, Id rather do it THEN.
If you think about it, it really doesnt take THAT much to get to 450HP. :thumbsup

BTW, Im running t he Dipricol Optix.

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
Rail pressure is a must for tuning mods..... but not needed if your just a daily driver. Fuel pressure is a good Idea.

Decide if you want everything to match, then figure out if you like digital readouts.....

I personally like gauges, they are never cheaper or easier to install but have way more sex appeal.

JMO

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
I would run both. I like to see BOTH in trucks OVER 450HP. Plus, I prefer doing a project ONCE. If Im in wireing guages, know theres a posibility I need it in the future, Id rather do it THEN.
If you think about it, it really doesnt take THAT much to get to 450HP. :thumbsup

BTW, Im running t he Dipricol Optix.
Agreed...I'm not looking forward to adding RP (REALLY wish I had it right now) because I will have to completely rearrange ALL my gauges...not going to be fun. Do it right the first time...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i haven't seen a mechanical style gauge that monitors enough pressure for the rail? if isspro makes one i would get them, i already have boost and pyro gauges.i only saw low pressure fuel gauges.
scott
ps thanks for the replies

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Agreed...I'm not looking forward to adding RP (REALLY wish I had it right now) because I will have to completely rearrange ALL my gauges...not going to be fun. Do it right the first time...
Hopefully it wont be too awful bad if you do decide on the rail pressure. Actually, its ALL plug and play and byfar the easiest of the four that CEpp,Woodsrat, Rwilson, and myself installed yesterday.

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
i haven't seen a mechanical style gauge that monitors enough pressure for the rail? if isspro makes one i would get them, i already have boost and pyro gauges.i only saw low pressure fuel gauges.
scott
ps thanks for the replies
The optix series is a 2" round gauge, it takes a signal off the ICP sensor on your rail, and converts that signal to the gauge in cab.

0-30,000 PSI is what it reads....

Anything higher than that is trouble anyway.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Hopefully it wont be too awful bad if you do decide on the rail pressure. Actually, its ALL plug and play and byfar the easiest of the four that CEpp,Woodsrat, Rwilson, and myself installed yesterday.
I meant gauge locations! When I do RP I'm going to go ahead and get a 6th gauge and do drive pressure. Then I have to move some of my triple pillar down to the dash and my steering column to the triple pillar and and and...IMO, mess... :thud:

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
I meant gauge locations! When I do RP I'm going to go ahead and get a 6th gauge and do drive pressure. Then I have to move some of my triple pillar down to the dash and my steering column to the triple pillar and and and...IMO, mess... :thud:
The dash pod for the 3rd Gen trucks is pretty nice once you get it installed... we just did one last week and I'm gonna consider changing my second gen to this cause the visibility and looks is great.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
The dash pod for the 3rd Gen trucks is pretty nice once you get it installed... we just did one last week and I'm gonna consider changing my second gen to this cause the visibility and looks is great.
After i saw Shagginwagon's dash-top install...I was sold :thud: (not to mention, I don't like the column blocking everything...)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts