Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am gonna put cab lights on the truck and thinking about the recon smoke led,
but my ? is will i need a wiring kit or what my truck has no lights on it now.
are the wires already there?

·
Registered
740 Posts
You can go to your local dealership and get a mopar kit or get one off ebay. They are about $90 from the dealership. This will include instructions, wiring, lights, and a template for drilling. Cab lights are actually easy to install, just take your time...

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
You can go to your local dealership and get a mopar kit or get one off ebay. They are about $90 from the dealership. This will include instructions, wiring, lights, and a template for drilling. Cab lights are actually easy to install, just take your time...
do you have to take your headliner out??

·
Registered
740 Posts
do you have to take your headliner out??
Yes, you will have to remove the headliner. I haven't done it on a 3rd gen but it shouldn't be to hard. Just make sure your hands are clean.

I think there is another thread on here on installing cab lights on 3rd gens.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet thanks, but if i want the smoked lights do i have to buy the mopar kit and the recon? or can i get just the harness from mopar?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well after reading his write up (06 Recon Cab Light Install ) i think i will just smoke the factory kit myself

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
I think some of the Recon kits come with the wiring harness. You might contact them to find out. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
The Recon kit for Dodge DOES include a harness and detailed instructions now.

·
Registered
382 Posts
:agree2:

i am gonna put cab lights on the truck and thinking about the recon smoke led,
but my ? is will i need a wiring kit or what my truck has no lights on it now.
are the wires already there?
I just ordered that same kit from James at Rollin Smoke. It came with the wiring harness and detailed instructions. Not hard to do at all.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You could always make your own harness too. it's just a simple hot wire and ground wire.

I installed the mopar kit and it was really easy after some research on this site and youtube.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Be careful if you lay on top of your truck, the crossmember that holds my roof up bent on me.:banghead::banghead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts