Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about ditching the PDA and going with gauges...I noticed most of the mechanical gauges have a 1/8" thread and currently I have a 1/4" hole tapped in my manifold...can you get 1/4" probes for the Isspro or Diprocol pyro's??? or do I need to plug it and go 1/8"???

·
Registered
177 Posts
You could probably just get a 1/4 to 1/8 bushing and use it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Idea...Anyone else tried this before????

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a good deal...but I have my heart set on a set of Black bezel Diprocols...And I need fuel pressure...Someone should snatch those up...Thanks.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
ISSPRO sells thermocouple probes with 1/4" fittings. We usually default to 1/8" in our kits, but it is easy to substitute. We also sell the fittings separately, so you can convert between the two (the base probe tube is the same diameter).

Now for a shameless plug for the advantages of the ISSPRO pyrometer: Temperature compensation.

Conventional pyrometers just measure the difference in temperature between the probe tip and the leadwire end (typically at the gauge head). The industry standard is to calibrate on the assumption that the gauge head is at 70° F. In an enclosed cab on a hot day with a dark colored interior, a gauge can reach well over 170° F and will be very slow to cool off (the pods act as a good insulator). This will result in your pyro displaying a temperature over 100° F cooler than the actual temperature, in conditions where you are likely to see high temperatures. Because of this inherent inaccuracy, ISSPRO Performax and EV² pyrometers utilize temperature compensation circuits and show the actual probe tip temperature.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 7 of 7 Posts