Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to the DieselStop.com web site and read the Ford 6.4 forums. Whats funny is, you could take virtually every post there and substitute 6.7 for 6.4 and the topics are exactly the same: bad MPG, lousy dealer support, people doing lemon law buy backs and getting new Dodges, regens, CEL's, etc.

It's funny that the Ford guys have convinced themselves that "the new Cummins 6.7 in the Dodge's are consistently getting 18-19 MPG". Too bad we dont know who has those 6.7's. I need to go checkout a Duramax website to see what urban myths are being formulated there too.

Interesting though that Ford is supposed to be bringing out their new 6.7L V8 diesel in 2010 (2011 MY) called "scorpion" and a 6 spd automatic tranny. They are also supposed to be bringing out a 4.4L V6 diesel in their F150. The scorpion article is posted below.

April26

While it's tough to camouflage the purpose-built nature of Ford's upcoming F-150 'Raptor' desert runner, don't let the subtle looks of the F-350 Super Duty mule in this picture fool you. Reliable sources tell us that what's under the hood of this pickup is much more important to Ford. It's the all new, Ford designed 'Scorpion' 6.7-liter V8 diesel engine that will replace the current Navistar supplied 6.4-liter V8 Power Stroke by 2011.

How important? Diesels make up almost 80% of Super Duty sales. And the move is expected to permanently end Ford's longtime use of Navistar built diesel engines in its heavy duty pickups, due to an ongoing legal battle between the two companies over warranty and cost issues related to the old 6.0-liter V8 Power Stroke (model years 2003 to 2007). Ford has used Navistar diesels in its F-Series trucks since 1982.

Hard to believe but from the looks of this mule, the Super Duty may grow a bit bigger than the current truck to accommodate the larger displacement Scorpion diesel. Its raised hood is taller across almost its entire width and it has an overbite, hanging slightly over the current model's big chrome grille. Our sources tell us the Scorpion-powered Super Duty will also receive a new 6-speed automatic transmission, to directly compete with General Motors' and Chrysler's 6-speed heavy duty trucks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I Get 18.4 With Mine Too. It's A 6.7 Quad 8' Long Bed Stock Nothing Done To It!gonna Put A Intake And Go To Royale Purple Here Shortly.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Try doing your mpg calcs by hand. My overhead also says 17-19

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Im really really curious to see what Ford can do building their own... talked to a buddy who works at the Ford Truck Production plant in Louisville and he said he's seen one and they are in test mode right now!!! BUT he said "well I wouldnt buy one for at least 2 years"

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think some of you must have 2WD trucks and not 4x4's, which I'm sure helps your fuel mileage. You should fill out your signature with your truck info.

I have to tell you that I had 3 Ford's with the 7.3 diesels and they were great. Ran great, never had mechanical problems and it didn't seem like the MPG was too bad.

Then I decided to buy an 05 with a 6.0............so of course thats why I now own a CTD 6.7.

But I sure do like those Ford chassis and interior. If they built something that I thought the engine wouldn't blow up and would get more than 10 mpg I would probably try them again, especially if they put that new 6 spd behind and an exhaust brake.

·
Registered
255 Posts
wouldent it be great if it was like buying a class8 truck mostly any truck or motor

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
That 7.3 was a DANG good running motor! Just my .02 going the the 6.0 was their biggest mistake

·
Registered
405 Posts
wouldent it be great if it was like buying a class8 truck mostly any truck or motor
I'd like that idea or the ability to buy a glider kit and put any engine/driveline you want in it, like you can with a semi. I'd love the 08 dodge regular cab 4x4 with a 12v, 6spd, and dana axles.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Getting 14.5 in town and 18 on the highway here, and that is hand calculated. Only sitting at 5.3k miles too, hear it gets better around 10k.

·
Registered
993 Posts
IMO I cant stand the front ends on the new Furds. Chevy is getting pretty ugly too. But I have to say they both have nicer interiors than a dodge. Thats the only thing going for them in my mind!!

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Ford is still making the mistake of going with a V configuration. When will these companies learn?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2008 F-350 Crew Cab for a work truck so far no problems (19,000Km) on the highway 18-20mpg in town it sucks but it is a work truck and gets driven harder than the one I own. The truck off the line is a dog, really bad hesitation. If in turning into heavy traffic it is best to load it up to get out there, but not to much or it breaks loose. There is also terrible shift between 1st and 2nd when the foot is to the floor.

·
Registered
597 Posts
17-18 consistantly, hand calculated and the overhead has been as high as 23mpg with a nice tail wind. And yes, that's a 4x4 d-u-a-l-l-y.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
royal purple

I Get 18.4 With Mine Too. It's A 6.7 Quad 8' Long Bed Stock Nothing Done To It!gonna Put A Intake And Go To Royale Purple Here Shortly.
royal purple hasnt released a CJ-4 oil for the dpf yet I spoke to them yesterday

·
Registered
597 Posts
Oh ya, and did I mention that the only time I've been in the shop, was when the G-30 recall came out? I suppose that like any product being produced today, Your going to get a few in a million, that will have problems. And the way companies out-source various pieces and parts these days, it will be diferent things that go wrong on different trucks. And nine times out of ten, these forums, for the most part, will focus on the negative things that have happened with our trucks. I am a firm believer that there are far more truck owners out thier, like myself, that are extremely satisfied with the way thier truck runs and performs. You just don't read about them.

This is one satisfied 6.7L Cummins owner!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts