Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a programmer for my 06 and i dont want to spend a WHOLE lot of money. Never gonna race the truck just want some mpgs, more PIRE! and maybe a lil smoke. Anybody got any used ones? Will it adjust the odometer for diff tire sizes? I will also eventually be getting cold air and i have no muffler only factory 4" and converter. My truck has 34000 miles on it and i was curious about having the trans serviced. An old man pulled a camper with it and I dont know if hes ever had the belts tightened??
Thanks,
Derek

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,289 Posts
go look in the classifieds under the 3rd gen
for sale items. you can find some good deals
on boxes.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
ive been lookin for a chip for my 06 also, its a toss up between superchips or smarty jr, both are great on fuel mileage and superchips is the "best bang for your buck"

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea

I was wondering who makes a good one? I need some gauges but im not goin too radical so maybe one day ill just get a boost gauge. I dont want too radical because of what pp say about lift pumps and i dont have 1100 to throw around.

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
ive been lookin for a chip for my 06 also, its a toss up between superchips or smarty jr, both are great on fuel mileage and superchips is the "best bang for your buck"
plus the superchip allows you to adjust for tire size, i gained 3mpg just in city driving. :thumbsup:

·
MI Chapter President
5,689 Posts
hands down the smarty JR is the way to go, you can adjust your tire sizes as well. It cant be detected by a dealer either :thumbsup:

smartypower.com

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont want to go too radical

This truck has to last me a long time and i just want maybe 50 - 75 more out of it and some mpg. I hear edge is the safest to go with. What would you guys recommend as far as safety and what edge should i go with. Money is kinda tight so keep that in mind.
Thanks,
Derek

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,289 Posts
smarty jr is $490 - used edge ez ( 65 hp box ) is around
$200 for a used, so is the quadzilla mileage max ( also
a 65 hp box )...

you at least need to get a pyro gage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts