1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Ram 2500
333 Posts
I totally agree with @mtnrider nothing but OEM for me either on fuel, oil or air filters. Fleetguard or Mopar is all I'd use. Amazon has the OEM filter.

Check out this post and maybe it will help you decide Black smoke on hard acceleration

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel like just in the past couple days I have read a couple threads discussing aftermarket air filters being too restrictive causing the filter element to be deformed.

Reactions: cowboy Mike

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks. Yer prolly right.

I had ordered filters from Geno's. All but the air filter came yesterday. I called and they tell me it's backordered until December sometime. :cry:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Coming from an '06 Duramax to my soon to be delivered 2022 3500 6.7HO....in addition to AC Delco stuff..these were forum-approved brands by many. There are others out there as well..but these were some of the more preferred.
Mobil 1 or Baldwin for oils, WIX for air, Baldwin for trans spin-on (Not sure if the Ram uses a spin-on), Baldwin or Racor for fuel filters.
I haven't looked yet to see what aftermarket brands are available for my 2022. But if any of the above mentioned brands are available I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Coming from an '06 Duramax to my soon to be delivered 2022 3500 6.7HO....in addition to AC Delco stuff..these were forum-approved brands by many. There are others out there as well..but these were some of the more preferred.
Mobil 1 or Baldwin for oils, WIX for air, Baldwin for trans spin-on (Not sure if the Ram uses a spin-on), Baldwin or Racor for fuel filters.
I haven't looked yet to see what aftermarket brands are available for my 2022. But if any of the above mentioned brands are available I wouldn't hesitate to use them.
In the Ram world, those are Not recommended. OEM/fleetguard only. Especially on the fuel filters

·
Registered
38 Posts
In the Ram world, those are Not recommended. OEM/fleetguard only. Especially on the fuel filters

Good to know. Other than OEM, is Fleetguard considered a good aftermarket filter like Baldwin or Racor are for the Duramax? Any other aftermarket brands that are good? And which ones to stay away from?
I'm new to the Ram/CTD so any and all info I can get is appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes. Fleetguard is good as it is oem.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Howdy folks.
Having a difficult time getting a filter.
What might your thoughts be on using the following filter in a ram 6.7?

Any coated filter will cause you to need to tap it clean on a regular basis. The straight paper ones will be fine as long as you do not run in a dust bowl. The walmart is just the stp edition and it likes to trap dirt in the sticky coating.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts