Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys switched from a Walbro setup to FASS? I had a chance to meet a talk to Brad Ekstam (designed the FASS system) at a road race we were in out here in West Texas and learned quite a bit from talking to him. He said that air in the fuel can rob you of power and cause trouble for injectors. I have had my Walbro setup for a little over a year now and have had to replace one pump but other than that it has worked great. Now if i switched to the FASS it would supply the same amount of fuel but with less air which means more power. Just curious to see if any of you have switched and have noticed a difference.

·
2,247 Posts
I doubt the power would increase dramatically. The filtration and the air separation would be very advantageous to you though. Air after time will destroy a fuel system.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt the power would increase dramatically. The filtration and the air separation would be very advantageous to you though. Air after time will destroy a fuel system.
Yes, its not the power I am after. Its the water and air separation that I am concerned with. Anyone had both systems?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went the other way. The FASS I found loud. I have a hard time being convinced that there is that much air in your fuel tank. But thats just my Thought's.. I see you have a CP3..Was it worth the money to do the up Grade

·
2,247 Posts
Yes, its not the power I am after. Its the water and air separation that I am concerned with. Anyone had both systems?
If that is the case, then a FASS or Airdog is a must. There really is a lot of air in the fuel systems of our trucks. Its just added protection for all your fuel system mods.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I went the other way. The FASS I found loud. I have a hard time being convinced that there is that much air in your fuel tank. But thats just my Thought's.. I see you have a CP3..Was it worth the money to do the up Grade
I like the CP3, im sure I would have noticed a bigger difference if I had gone with bigger injectors. My stock CP3 kept up pretty good. I just got a good deal on one so I thought it would be a good upgrade. I know I dont have any rail-pressure problems though. Did you sell the FASS? If not I could take it off your hands.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
How exactly does the FASS or AirDog remove the air? Just by going through the 2-micron filter and water seperator or is there something special with the pump and base of the FASS and Airdog?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
How exactly does the FASS or AirDog remove the air? Just by going through the 2-micron filter and water seperator or is there something special with the pump and base of the FASS and Airdog?
That sounds like a good question for Diesel-Dan on Give Me Your FASS Questions -- Part II

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know this is a vague answer but from what I remember is the FASS has a special valve built into the base that removes the air from the fuel.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I know this is a vague answer but from what I remember is the FASS has a special valve built into the base that removes the air from the fuel.
Glacier has a filter/ air sperator kit, you can bolt up.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glacier has a filter/ air sperator kit, you can bolt up.
I looked at the site and couldnt find anything, you have a link? I see he has a water seperator and 2 micron kit. I have the 2 micron filter but no water seperator.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Watched the video in the above link. That answered my question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts