Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want an honest answer? will the smarty s67 ever come out or will it always be "coming soon" because i am waiting on it and i don't know wether to wait longer or just buy a bullydog (maybe bob can chime in on an update???)

·
Registered
179 Posts
from what I understand and I may be wrong and know I will be corrected if I am but I think the Smarty isn't even fully available to all the 5.9 models yet so I think the 6.7 is further down the list

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well Bob said that it is in progress as we speek. But i dont even think him or marco know when they are going to release it.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
from what I understand and I may be wrong and know I will be corrected if I am but I think the Smarty isn't even fully available to all the 5.9 models yet so I think the 6.7 is further down the list
No, people are waiting for the Revo, that's all.

As for 6.7, they said they are working on it but if you get the Bully now, you could always sell it, down the road :thumbsup

·
Registered
179 Posts
thanks for the correction, I just remember reading something about others waiting for it. I would do a search but I still live in a cave and still have dial up and knew someone of knowledge whould chim in

·
Registered
299 Posts
Depends on who you believe. The vendor who tells you that it's done but won't sell it because they are waiting for "the reflashes to stop"... or people like me, who think the vendor is full of sh17.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I heard from a shop yesterday that Marco will be sending them two 6.7 units for testing. Don't ask me who the shop is because I'm not going to tell. But he is giving me heads up when they'll be close to production. At which I will chuck this BD pup... :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
What does the smarty do different that all the other programmers dont do? I hear a lot about it but i have never used one. I just got my Bully Dog PMT and i love it just for the fact that its all in one. But again can someone tell me what makes the smarty so much better then all other programmers?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
As for 6.7, they said they are working on it but if you get the Bully now, you could always sell it, down the road :thumbsup
I think that would be the best course of action. The codes on a 5.9 Cummins is complicated I can not imagine what the code on a 6.7 looks like with all the emissions technology to deal with!:thud:
Give marco some time, very smarty gentleman and his product will more likely be well worth the wait.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have read..

..that they are waiting on the flashes to stop also. I think it would be worse to have the smarty, then need to get a flash because of some BS and then not even be able to use the dang smarty! Or I guess you could not get the flash, huh?

O well guys if the smarty for the 6.7 is half as good as the one for our 5.9 CR's you will be glad you waited!

:peelout

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I doubt you will be able to use it if you do not have whatever the current flash version is at the time the Smarty is released. I know with the PMT you at least need the AV flash in order to use it.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
With multiple rapid responses and recalls we had some trucks on the lot that had as many as 5 flashes before ever getting to the consumer.Give Marco a break:w: Everybody got anxious waiting for the commom rail smarty..........very much worth waiting for.I am sure the 6.7 will be too.:beer

Bob

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
I have heard from one fellow that has talked to Marco over problems say that he really seems to be a perfectionist. Whether that is true it seems to make sense. The guy wants it to be right, its his product. There is no sense in crying about him or to call him names. Hes the one losing money

1 - 15 of 15 Posts