Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
today the wait to start light stayed on. :confused013: waited like normal to start the truck, it fired up and then the light came back on. Drove fine but the light stayed on while it was running.
engine temps are normal, everything else is normal just the light is staying on?
Any Ideas?

Tried doing a search and no luck.

oh yeah Truck info may help...
06 2500 CC SB
Stick

· Registered
4,304 Posts
ive read on here that sometimes the grid heater shorts out and eventually cooks your intake tube til its black. not sure if the wait to start light would stay on while that was happening though

you can try to search "odd intake horn color" i think there was a post about that

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
Just spoke with the wife and its the check engine light that stayed on. not the grid heater. So Ill have to wait til she gets back to pull the code.

Her description at 6:30am was a lil blurry to me lol.

· Registered
4,304 Posts
haha if she doesnt kno what the check engine light looks like then you better not let her drive the truck! :hehe:
just kidding no hard feelings toward ur wife

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha if she doesnt kno what the check engine light looks like then you better not let her drive the truck! :hehe:
just kidding no hard feelings toward ur wife
she does but as I said when she woke me, her description was a bit different. :hehe:
hopefully its not anything major as the truck drove just fine. I suspect the batteries could be culprit and maybe its just a low voltage code or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.