Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I bought my 2006 Mega Cab with 137000 miles on it about 3 months ago and had the wait to start light come on three days after I bought it. I noticed before the light came on that I was losing speed going up hills with no load on. I driven enough diesels to know that shouldn't happen I've had it in the shop several times to try and figure out the problem is. Dealers are dumb founded when tell them that its on the fuel side. I finally found a good diesel mechanic and I had him check the injector pump, and lift pump and they tested good. They also checked the injectors by the injector return flow test and it came back at 240 ml. But he said he thought the injectors were loose. So the next day he checked the and said they all turned about a quarter of a turn. He did the return flow test again and it came back below 160 ml. He cleared the light and the truck had more power than it's ever had since I've owned it. It pulled up hills and lost no speed, like it should. Then 3 days later the wait to start light came back on and powered me down but I still have considerable more power before he tighten them. The truck starts great and he said it doesn't think it's an injector issue. Do you think its the ECU or the FCA?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts