Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who can get a 2003 vw bug diesel for $1500 from her aunt. the bug has been sitting for over a year. It needs to be driven 200 miles back home what do you guys recommend doing before starting it up for the first time, and what should I do to it before the drive home, fuel filters, additives, etc.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Just the standard stuff. Check all fluid levels, check tires, check the air filter to make sure nothing took up residence there, and charge the battery. After that drive it. I doubt you will have any problems with it.

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
Just the standard stuff. Check all fluid levels, check tires, check the air filter to make sure nothing took up residence there, and charge the battery. After that drive it. I doubt you will have any problems with it.
X2!!!!

Might want to just pick up a new battery if it is orig.
vw tdi- you wont have any issue... put diesel fuel treatment in it

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Diesel can sit for a very long time... no need for treatment. VW's also don't like most treatments found in the US. Go without...

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
yes but it has sat for over a year- might be some water in there.... alittle power service wouldn't hurt

But again it is a vw tdi not much to worry about.... (other than the reason it was parked a year ago)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts