Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks - was talking to Docherty's Auto Service down Montague way, and he says there is a shop on the 'other side' that upgrades the injection pump and will add another 60 HP. Has anyone heard of this, or know of the spot? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Blue Chip Performance Diesel specializes in VP44 rebuilds. They offer two models. The standard is a VP44 that is comprised of NEW Bosch components. Many rebuilders just spec. the existing ones and if they meet tolerances, leave them in. Also, they replace the computer with a new one, which means that the one you're getting has not seen any heating cycles. Again, many do not. They also replace the bearing areas in the casing with steel cladding rather than the aluminum standard.
The other VP44 is their VP44X, which they say will boost HP and torque. I didn't go for this one as I didn't need those increases, I was looking for the MPG increase with the new pump.

I just installed their standard pump, the performance difference is dramatic! Well worth the $$ and the service was superb. Give them a look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just read your location and they are in your area, New Hampshire.

Blue Chip

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on, PRG! Appreciate your help :thumbsup. Did you install it yourself?

·
Registered
53 Posts
just got the cts i:drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2:nsight today

1 - 20 of 27 Posts