Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my truck just died on the road:thud: must be that dang vp44 there a fuel leak and it looks like its coming from the pump? cant really tell thow. theres no check engine light ether? does this sound normal to you guys? thanks for any help:thumbsup

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've heard alotta trucks just dyin on the road while drivin and it turned out to be the vp-44 but never seen them leak from the pump its self......

·
Registered
417 Posts
My VP44 had a fuel leak but it never just up and died on me. It probably leaked on me for about 2 or 3 months before I got the $$$ saved up for the HRVP44. Thing would blow white smoke all the time when it was cold and was just a 20 mph pedal to the floor turd on the road. If possible, see if you have any codes

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wish i had a way to check codes but theres no place close to me that can lone me any thang:thud:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Yep, same thing with my truck. My stock pump died and now my HRVP44 that is 7 month old died Wednesday. Both times it was the electronics, no codes on the dash and no warnnings just silence.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yep, same thing with my truck. My stock pump died and now my HRVP44 that is 7 month old died Wednesday. Both times it was the electronics, no codes on the dash and no warnnings just silence.
besides the big line kit, what are you running for a lift pump??

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Right now I run an Airtex pump. Fuel pressure is constant at 17 psi , at wot it will drop to 15 psi. Next month I am going to put in an Airdog.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I think the worst part about my pump going out this last time is I was towed home by my wifes Hemi.:w:

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
There is two types of failures...

Phyiscal Failure (Siezed rotor, damaged advancement piston, etc)

Or Electronic Failure

In either case error codes sometimes show up and other times they don't...

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bite the bullet and get a P pump, i had mine go out, had it rebuilt and saving my money for the good one
i wish i could :broke: i just hope im right that it is the vp44

1 - 11 of 11 Posts