Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tapping the vp44, how is it done and why should it be done when installing bigger injectors ? was looking at getting 75hp injectors.

thanks in advanced for any help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
It is tapped by hooking up a performance box, there are 2 ways, tap the external wire, or use BD stealth cover to tap fuel solenoid. If you don't have a performance box to hook to the tap, tapping will do nothing for you. Like edge comp uses tap to increase fuel flow.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Performance box? Would that be like a diablo power puck or? But do I have to get a box or tap the vp44 to put bigger injectors in with benefits?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
You need a fueling box like a edge comp or a quad adr. to tap the pump and to get the most out of the bigger injectors.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I agree with c Farmer, a powerpuck does not increase fuel flow, just pulse width of injector and adds timing to vp.

·
Vendor
1,673 Posts
tapping the vp44, how is it done and why should it be done when installing bigger injectors ? was looking at getting 75hp injectors.

thanks in advanced for any help :thumbsup:
1. Lift pump as stated.

2. Gauges (fuel pressure, boost, pyro).

3. Trans upgrades (if not already).

4. Tap the pump with a fueling box and away you go.:thumbsup:

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
1. Lift pump as stated.

2. Gauges (fuel pressure, boost, pyro).

3. Trans upgrades (if not already).

4. Tap the pump with a fueling box and away you go.:thumbsup:
He's right... :thumbsup:

But I would tap with a stealth plate...

No fuss, no problems with broken wires or corroded connection... It just works!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to bring this up again, I've added an aftermarket lp the proper gauges and a smarty, going to be doing the tranny in a month or so. Will the smarty allow me to tap intobthe vp properly?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Smarty will not..it goes in the obd2 port under your dash and goes straight to the ecm..edge juice...edge comp..quadzilla..boxes like that are products require pump tapping or shealth plate IF YOU WANT TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE "BOX"..i used the shealth plate..

VP44 Pump Cover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts