Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFE

Votes: 38 61.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok 2 part question here, just picked up an 03 2500. I am getting ready to do a Tranny SVC thinking about going with red line fluids? Any suggestion?
What's your favorite CAI, I am gettig ready to get one and wanted to see what other 5.9 guys are running...
K and N
S and B
True flow
Bully Dog
Write in

·
Registered
316 Posts
AEM intake for my vote.

·
Premium Member
11,945 Posts
Ok 2 part question here, just picked up an 03 2500. I am getting ready to do a Tranny SVC thinking about going with red line fluids? Any suggestion?
What's your favorite CAI, I am gettig ready to get one and wanted to see what other 5.9 guys are running...
K and N
S and B
True flow
Bully Dog
Write in
Amsoil Injen intake/Amsoil transmission fluid has my vote :thumbsup:

Most intakes are good and everyone has an opinion but youll find that 98% of us will agree on running a dry filter rather then an oiled filter on your intake.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I prefer a dry filter. Been there and done that with the oil filter...Won't do that again...

·
Registered
442 Posts
why do you guys prefer the dry to the oiled?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Next time you at the Auto Parts store pickup a K&N Air Filter and hold it up to the light. You'll have a better understanding once you do. All you'll see is a lot of pins holes or what I like to call is "STARS". Which dirt & dust can get through. Most oil filters do not starting filter good till they get dirty. When I put a filter in I want it to filter at the time I start my motor. Then you have to clean the oil filter. Messy job!...Now you have to let it dry!...Once it is dry now you have to oil it....Spray can in hand how much is to much oil and how much is to little oil?..That's your call since your the one with the oil can in your hand. You over oil and the extra oil gets sucked into your turbo and intake system. To little oil and the filter doesn't filter good and now you have dust & dirt bypassing the oiled air filter.
I like the dry air filter. It's at work as soon as I put it in and when it get dirty I just spray it with some Mean Green and rinse. Let it drip dry and put it back in.
Now I know there are some others on here that will argue that the oil is better. I've tried the oil air filter before and I just wasn't please with then.
I've been really pleased with the AFE Pro Dry so far.

·
Premium Member
11,945 Posts
Not to mention the pure cfm of the air being sucked into the turbo tends to strip the oil out of the filter and thats what the oiled filters rely on to do their job. Oild filters are ok on gassers but not on a turbo diesel

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not to mention the pure cfm of the air being sucked into the turbo tends to strip the oil out of the filter and thats what the oiled filters rely on to do their job. Oild filters are ok on gassers but not on a turbo diesel
Yep! Your right there....:party018:

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
My vote goes to AFE PG7 ofcourse Oiled one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.