Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Gee thanks i had no idea lol

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
does not read the codes all of the time though. when i had the cel light the dash came up with no codes for me at times. If you have pending codes it will not pick that up either. The edge insight has had the best luck for me to read codes and pending codes.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Oh please please sticky this

How many times has this been asked and answered. Please make this sticky!

Thanks MattPopp!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mattpopp - thanks for the clarification - you're right on. (Happened to me more than a few times) Anyway - At least it's a place to start for new owners and cuts down on repeat questions.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
correct, its a easy operation to start with, if it works great, if it does not ole well

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a cel light today, did that and it said --done-- and the light is gone. weird!

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
made a sticky in the 6.7 tech section, thanks for the video.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a cel light today, did that and it said --done-- and the light is gone. weird!
Did that myself and got the same result, so I took the truck to the dealer and had them read the code. I asked the dealer why I couldn't read it, they said that the key ignition code display only shows very basic codes.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Did that myself and got the same result, so I took the truck to the dealer and had them read the code. I asked the dealer why I couldn't read it, they said that the key ignition code display only shows very basic codes.
The reason you dont see them all is they only show active codes not stored codes.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a problem getting dodge to fix my truck.the check engine light is on all the time.i take it in they clear it and before i get home it is back on. i removed the cold air box that i installed.no change. theyve already replaced dpf. its been in the shop 6 times in 25000 miles and the light is on again. dodge sure messed up agood truck with all this emissions crap. i dont think much of this 6.7L cummins. mine has no power. and my fuel mileage is down from 19.5mpg to 14.2.i thought this 2007.5 chassis cab would be as good as my 2002 but i was wrong

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a6.7 2007.5 3500 chassis cab with major problems the dpf has already been changed out by dodge it has been in the shop atotal of 6 times and the check engine light is on now. dodge sure messed up a good thing with all this emissions crap they put on the working mans truck my truck only has 25000 miles on it

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
does anyone know if the codes will come up on the dash if you already have an edge installed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts