Cummins Diesel Forum banner

vibration

654 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  albino cummins 
#1 ·
hey guys....today i drove my truck all day long in town.....shut the truck off a few times and started a few times no problems watsoever....keep in mind the temp is about 0 degrees f........started the truck and had a vibration and loud rumbling in the cab.....outside the engine purs like a kitten....no exhaust smoke while driving or anything....recently installed a 3250 sbdd with the 13 inch flywheel and 50 hp ss injectors from shane at motorsport diesel....i was thinking mayb that my fluid damper let go.......i have 93k miles on the truck....if anyone else has an idea feel free to chime in.

thanks
josh

#2 ·
my truck does that too when its really cold but once u drive for awhile it warms up and it goes away like the truck is a solid ice block

#3 ·
yeah its wicked cold here like tonite should be around 30 below zero.....but the truck warms up and nothing changes....no difference with clutch engaged or disengaged....no exhaust smoke....still runs like a rape date....tons of power....just a nasty in the cab vibration.....any other ideas?

#4 · (Edited)
well i know that i didnt have too many lookers at this thread but mayb i can answer someones future question....so today i finally was able to bring my truck into a garage and check out wat was happening.....first of all last time my oil was changed it was overfilled....so i drained some....oil looked good and no signs of fuel in it....second of all....the other day we had some snow and alot of wind... my road had drifted over and i needed to get through....so i plowed my way through...packing my motor mounts and between my front cross member and oil pan full of snow....after running the truck for a while the snow melted then froze solid overnite...so this made my motor mounts solid and made solid contact between my front crossmember and my oil pan causing my vibration through the cab....all is good now truck runs great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.