Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Just wondering- Does your Accelerator pedal vibrate when you are driving? Mine has done it since i got the truck back in jan! And i think it is becoming worse! Today i cracked the hood to see what was up and it looks like my harmonic balancer seems to be wobbling a little bit? Do the harmonic balancers tend to fail on these vehicles? Or has anyone had any experience with what i am dealing with? It shakes while driving, if i put it in neutral and rev the engine the pedal still shakes.

Any info would be great! Thanks guys
Evan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys, Just wondering- Does your Accelerator pedal vibrate when you are driving? Mine has done it since i got the truck back in jan! And i think it is becoming worse! Today i cracked the hood to see what was up and it looks like my harmonic balancer seems to be wobbling a little bit? Do the harmonic balancers tend to fail on these vehicles? Or has anyone had any experience with what i am dealing with? It shakes while driving, if i put it in neutral and rev the engine the pedal still shakes.

Evan

Don't know if this will help your situation... but I have the 70mph vibe, and through the go pedal is were I fist noticed it... also felt it in the steering wheel. Does it shake in park while you rev the motor ???

·
Registered
365 Posts
yes they fail quite often,

youll find the rubber has flung out of the back of the dampner

·
Registered
350 Posts

Evan
You need to fill out you signature so we know what you have.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sig updated.. Thanks everyone! I'll check for the dampner and get back to y'all

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sig updated.. Thanks everyone! I'll check for the dampner and get back to y'all
I have just picked up the same vibration on my 2000 and and was thinking balancer. whats up with yours did the balancer fix it and how much do they want for one of those bad boy's?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Where can you see the harmonic balancer when looking under the hood?

·
Registered
866 Posts
The balancer is on the crank. Bottom pulley on the belt also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
vibration

I have just picked up the same vibration on my 2000 and and was thinking balancer. whats up with yours did the balancer fix it and how much do they want for one of those bad boy's?
Found my problem it is a broken power steering pump bracket that is attached to the back of the vacuum pump. Any one else with this problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts