Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is whats going on, during hard acceleration and deceleration(with the EB on) i am hearing a squealing noise. i am assuming this is being caused by my vgt actuator? is my turbo on the way out or can it be saved?

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I started getting a squeal under high boost conditions it turned out to be loose bolts on the exhaust system. There are some thin metal gaskets that generate a shrill noise when pressure from the boost passes over them. New gaskets and proper torque on all the bolts and the noise went away.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sure its not just the turbo singing to ya. They whistle while accelerating and while decellerating with EB on.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
My metal gaskets between the EGR cooler and exhaust manifold were broken and leaked out air during accel/decal conditions making a faint whistle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It dose not appear to be the gasket and definitely not just the turbo singing lol I wish it was the turbo singing the sweet sound of boost

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts