Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil is always very smelly no matter how old it is. Is that just the smell of it and the soot or is there fuel in my oil? I have wondered this for some time. I use Rotella T6 if it matters.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Add some febreeze to it? The don't call it Rosmella for nothing.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
MoSmella ha lol whole reason i switched...

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
Ditto the above sentiments, that stuff is just smelly oil. I use Valvoline 15W40 that usually goes on sale every once in a while at the local parts places. Cheap and been using it the better part of 100000 miles in my truck and It doesn't have a weepy seal one anywhere on it.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
My oil is always very smelly no matter how old it is. Is that just the smell of it and the soot or is there fuel in my oil? I have wondered this for some time. I use Rotella T6 if it matters.
like everyone else says its the oil, dodge used to carry an oil additive to get rid of the smell. rotella is good oil, if you can stand the smell keep using it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant smell it unless I'm under the hood or dealing with the oil. It doesn't bother me and I will continue to use it, just making sure there's no fuel in my oil or something, although I know there still could be and an oil analysis is the way to find it. Just making sure this wasnt a tell tale sign or something. thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts