Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 24v 4x4, long box, auto, 355s. I was towing my 30 ft trailer in south Dakota in 105 + weather. Would hood louvers or vents help, she got a little warm.......thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Diesels are normally cold blooded creatures, and don't run hot all that much. I think making additional vents for the compartment will affect winter time usage more by not holding in the heat. Wait on some of the other experienced guys, as they may have differing opinions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you haven't relocated your puke bottle you might check to see if the back side of your radiator is got oil and grime which is blocking air flow if it is you need to pull the radiator and degrease it to open all the fins back up to get your air flow back

Reactions: peddlebike

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
x2 on the clogged rad, it's common.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you are finding the puke bottle still there and the radiator clogged, you can bypass and eliminate the bottle. I posted what I did to mine a while back, and it works great. Puke bottle substitute

·
Registered
19,372 Posts
As above, check radiator core in front of the fan it is likely clogged. Remove radiator and clean thoroughly and then flush for a couple of days with Prestone flush.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts