Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Dodge Cummins automatic 4wd
I have a customer whose truck randomly will accelerate while going down the highway. Customer says he can take his foot off the throttle and it still speeds up. He has to pump on the accelerator a lot before it returns to normal. No codes in the truck. I can't duplicate his scenario. Hoping somebody has seen this before and knows the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Could be a sticky fca or failing tps. If you have access to a high quality scanner then you should be able to see what they are doing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be a sticky fca or failing tps. If you have access to a high quality scanner then you should be able to see what they are doing.

We have a Modis. Can't duplicate the problem, so data info is normal. Just hoping someone else has seen this before. I would hate to replace either until i know for sure which one. I have a hard time selling a customer an expensive part and it not being the problem (we are not a dealership and I wouldn't want someone to do that to me either).

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Can the modis see rail pressure? If it can then take it for a ride to see what it's doing. Can it also see what the tps is getting and putting out? I'm not to familar with that product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts